Friday, May 22, 2009

Honda Civic Hybrid.. Test Drive

We test drove a Honda Civic Hybrid... they had a test-drive model available while we were at Alor Setar Mall. So we took the opportunity. Other Half did the test-driving while I 'played' passenger. Like the petrol powered Civic, the ride was comfortable enough. The drive wasn't as smooth as we expected...seems to have this jerk when the power is switched between the electric motor and petrol one.
Honda Civic Hybrid
But I must say, we're not that wowed by Honda. The seats are too low. Feels like our butts were scrapping the road as we moved along. But I was told by the salesman that is a selling point for Honda; the 'sports-car-like' feel. And the dashboard was way too complicated - too many buttons and knobs all over.

The Honda City felt better though. Driver seat felt higher. Was able to get a better view of the road. Dunno, I'm a sucker for slightly high cars cos they give me a better view and more comfortable ride! 8) Tried sitting in the Accord... and it was also a nope! Didn't like the height of the seats either! No go for Honda cars, I guess... for now.

4 comments:

daboss said...

sproty 'feel' (e.g. low seats) is the reason i go for honda... i got 2 accords.

guess that's why everyone's diferent... :)

AJ7 said...

Yup! One man's meat is another's poison. Otherwise no need to have different makes. I drive a Serena, so I've been 'kinda high'... 8).

ppearl said...

u won't like the Grinnall then ...
lol

AJ7 said...

PP.. here no such sophistication for Grinall-lah. But kinda fun to have a three-wheeled motorcycle. Very canggih.

Broken?

Education in doldrums... An already broken education system given a really hard whack by Covid-19.  I used to read about pandemics, that a b...