Thursday, May 14, 2009

Someday...

I'm going to play this well. Right now, I can only manage sounds which are not too painful to the ears but not sweet as it should be... but it's been sitting in its dark box for over 2 years. 8(
Yamaha Flute
My Yamaha flute! Cost me a small little fortune. It was my way of rewarding myself with a little something after my last round of upward move in my pay. That was eons ago... then my time got eaten up by demands of a growing family. And before I knew it, my hands were full. Dunno where all the seconds, minutes, hours and days went.

Last week, I took it out again from its box. Gave it a good shine and told myself that I will make time for it next year, when I hope I shall be freer. 8)

Don't know why I wanted a flute so badly back then. Must have been something from my band days that got me into that mode... Used to play the piccolo. I wanted to play the concert flute but never got there. Ended up playing clarinet for 5 years instead. Either that or it was just plain simple retail therapy! LOL!

5 comments:

Thomas C B Chua said...

Random Shots, Congrats. Go 4 it before arthritis sets. LOL . Just 4 your info. I only got to the triangle in the school band 4 for donkey years. Tone deaf the teacher said. !!!

daboss said...

kakaka... i played the bass in the band... only knew 2 notes and kept blowing those 2 notes over and over and over during funerals.

those were the good old days...

monay said...

someday, i'll learn to dance and draw and paint... someday, but not today.... :)

ppearl said...

go for it, girl!
i never made the band cos i didnt get on with the drum major of my year (u know who) - what a shame, maybe i could have been playing those 2 same notes with DaBoss horrr :p:

AJ7 said...

So shall we also someday get together... daboss you play your two notes to accompany my melodious notes, monay, you dance, draw and paint while pp you do wat you do best... and there are many of your talents that I can think of. 8) Then we can bring back those good ole' days... 8)

Broken?

Education in doldrums... An already broken education system given a really hard whack by Covid-19.  I used to read about pandemics, that a b...