Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Bento 17.. Bread, Egg and Fruits

Been a while since I took pics of the food that I pack for my lil gal. I've moved to metal containers. Still using my plastic containers but rarely these days. Kinda worried that those stuff in the plastic will find their way to the food.
Bento
The night before I asked my Lil Gal whether she'd like to have a 'bear-egg' to school and 'car-bread'. It was an enthusiastic yay! How not to prepare with such enthusiasm? So this morning I did a quick one. Boiled egg and shaped with with my teddy bear mold. Strawberries and grapes in the silicon containers. And bread in the shape of car and bear with a heart; spread of strawberry/grape jam and butter.

It's been half a year since I made something like this for her. I still pack food for her but I do other stuff for her. And she came home that day, beaming.. telling me that even her monitor said, "Wah!" A year ago, her classmates didn't really bother what their friends bring. Now, I can see that they're beginning to pay attention to what their friends bring and have. The beginnings of the role of peer pressure. Yup!

And she asked whether I can make more 'car-bread' for her. The bear with a heart is also a hit. You can eat its heart first! And she asked whether I could make extra for her to bring to school. Her friends want also! 8) Even her soya sauce in her strawberry sauce container was popular! The things that excite a kid!
Bento1
And so I did... This was today's. The rabbits came out to play among the flowers. With love from the ma! 8)

3 comments:

ppearl said...

waaa liao... u senang senang got lotsa time to make bento ah!

must ask Capt Caveman if he is willing to make bento for me and for Cavebaby :p:

i think i know what his answer will be (ends with "off") LOL

Athena said...

waiseh.. that's so cute!! :)

AJ7 said...

Athena... quick, quick go have some lil ones of your own.. then you can oso make cute-cute stuff for 'em. 8)

Broken?

Education in doldrums... An already broken education system given a really hard whack by Covid-19.  I used to read about pandemics, that a b...