Thursday, October 29, 2009

A Page From The Past...

The wonder called technology and good old human resourcefulness have enabled me to reconnect with friends I used to hang out with in uni. Been almost 20 years and each of us have charted our own lives. But recently after an old friend tracked me down yet once again, it started a mini avalanche of old friends entering my present. Truly a page from the past.

It's great to be in touch with this bunch of friends whom I used to hang out at the Dataran at the UM Arts Faculty, shared some crazy (and very sane) moments, ... Sharon, Tammy, Suan See, Siew Mun and Mei Chin.

20 years is a long time... I've caught a glimpse of Africa from the one with the sense of adventure. But somehow am not surprised by the work that she's doing now, helping to feed the poor. My good old roommate is where I'd expect her to be also, looking good and successful. Another one who has always been a staunch supporter of women's issues - and she is right in that too. Have always appreciated and enjoyed her sensibility. One more is in the MOE, doing what she does best. Another one, lecturing also...

Funny how friends are our mirrors to a certain extent... they provided a glimpse into the possibilities in our future. As I looked at these friends I hung out with during my young adulthood, I see a pattern of similarity too... birds of the same feather do flock together. And even though the colour of the feather may not be the same, they are still the same type of birds. LOL!

No comments:

Broken?

Education in doldrums... An already broken education system given a really hard whack by Covid-19.  I used to read about pandemics, that a b...