Thursday, October 22, 2009

SH Kopitiam

This is one kopitiam which I used to frequent. I like their fried mee and konlo mee. Located in Tmn Sri Ampang, this lady who runs this place used to have a stall at the corner shop. Her stall was popular back then too, drawing in customers for the corner shop. But then the coffee shop owner tried to limit the types of mee that she could sell. Finally she couldn't take it and moved out. This shop is just a couple of shops away from the original shop that she used to operate from.
SH Kopitiam
And she is doing very well now. Her son and daughter have come in to help full time and there is a chicken rice stall operating from her shop too. I used to stop a while and sembang with her when she first moved here years ago. She works hard... by 7 a.m. her kopitiam is opened. And she was ever obliging. I would just holler to her my order and by the time I pass the next round, it would be ready. Sometimes I would not have any small change and she'd let me hutang.
fried mee
But it's been a while since I went there. And I just realised how much I missed this. This is my favourite from this kopitiam - fried mee. I usually will ask for extra cockles. Son says it's a little oily but you can request for it to be less oily. This one is fried by one of the daughters... the lady used to do it but I think she's too busy to handle this now. I think it's one of the better fried mee I've had.
Konlo mee
The konlo mee is not too bad also. My only complain is the roast meat has this red colouring. So I usually tell her not to put the meat. You'll get extra fried wantan instead.

She also sells clear soup mee/kway teow, curry mee, char-kway-teow; all of which are not too bad. This is one lady who decided to strike out on her own and she has made it. She deserves every bit of it.

As for the corner shop (I think it's called Ocean Kafe or something like that), I can see that it's not very busy now. The owner didn't realise that he had a winning formula. The mee stall that the owner started to replace this mee stall that I'm talking about never did become as popular.... sometimes we have a good thing going, cannot see....

2 comments:

All things beautiful said...

You have just whetted my appetite :-)
Now that we don't need to go there for morning on site prayers, I've forgotten all about it. Time to rekindle friendship with the lady boss :-)

AJ7 said...

so you oso used to go.. 8) From the way you put it, I guess you must also think that the food is nice.

Broken?

Education in doldrums... An already broken education system given a really hard whack by Covid-19.  I used to read about pandemics, that a b...