Sunday, October 25, 2009

How's This For A Saturday?

Had a really packed Saturday.... got early in the morn and the first thing I did was to send my car to the workshop. The workshop has been one of my more frequented place the past week... both cars underwent major jobs.

Anyway, after breakfast we decided to make a quick trip to Switch in Seberang Prai to dress up Other Half's Ipod. It was the quickest shopping trip... Oh ya! And the Snow Leopard cometh to my MacBook from this trip. Gone is the old Leopard. And it is as good as the reviews. But the best part of this short excursion was a trip within the trip to get a swimsuit from Parkson. 8)

Rushed home with time for lunch to spare before heading for the Church Medical Outreach Talk. This is the 3rd edition for this year and it's on The Prevention of Osteoporosis... too lazy to write to much about that again as I've just updated my church blog on it. I got my bone scan done too... Yay! My bone density is still within normal range.

Then it was back home... and I rushed to update the church blog before our next assignment. Yesterday night was also the Chinese Service's first anniversary celebration. Other Half played for the Chinese Service and took some pics. I tagged along and kaypoh-ed as photographer - plus also to help them finish the food. Chinese Service has fellowship over food after every service! Must make it a point to drop by more often. LOL! But the sermon was good - the speaker talked about the different stages of life; the happiness that stems from them. Childhood, adulthood (married & family life), old age and eternity.
  1. Happiness during childhood is almost automatic - free of cares and worries and nestled safely in our parents' loving care.
  2. Adulthood - happiness from the family life, to be able to love and be loved in return
  3. Old age - happiness from being loved by our children and their offsprings....
  4. Eternity - this one that is unsurpassable. Happiness in eternity as a result of being children of God, being saved.
Sometimes we have all the first 3 but sometimes not. But the 4th is something that we should be mindful of.

It was a really packed day. In between, while I updated the blog in the evening, Other Half still managed Lil One for a swim... she came home really happy that she got her dose of water at the pool. LOL! Anyway, I'm looking forward to the week to come, away from the cares of work. For once, work is going to be fun!

No comments:

Broken?

Education in doldrums... An already broken education system given a really hard whack by Covid-19.  I used to read about pandemics, that a b...