Sunday, October 4, 2009

A Full Saturday...

... but I'm not complaining.

Got up rather early. Other Half too and we decided to go to the gym. Have shifted my focus to the exer cycle from the treadmill. Used to refer to it as the bicycle machine.. LOL! Man is made to walk... you burn less calories walking than doing other exercise. You need less than half the time on the exer bike to burn more than double the calories as compared to the treadmill. You can walk and run... and still feel less tired on the treadmill than on the exer cycle... at least for me. Met an old friend too... I'm going to try do a really early morning swim with her one of these days. 8)

The rest of the day was a flurry of activities... market trip, attempted breakfast at the Tmn Berjaya morning market but was thwarted by the traffic jam there. It must be super stressful for people who live in that area and cleaning my balcony. Glad for machines like the pressure pump. Else the amount of scrubbing would probably leave me with a backache enough to last me for the week! Then it was off for lunch with friends. Was kinda of a send-off for the Thompsons who have been here for 3 weeks.

After a stop at the airport accompanied by a heavy downpour, it was off to get a new phone. I finally decided to ditch my SE C905. It's been giving me way too much problem and the slider looks like it might go any time soon. Traded it in for a SE W902, downgraded. The guy at the shop kept recommending us the cheaper phones. I guess we looked kinda cacat and he probably felt we couldn't afford the more expensive phones. Anyway, no more slider phones for me. The slider is an added headache. I shall miss the camera on it though... the SE C905 takes really good pics.
ikan bakar
At night, we (with 3 young people in tow) wanted to go for the midnight curry mee at Pekan Cina but it was closed since yesterday night was Mid Autumn Festival. So we ended up in Football, having a very black ikan bakar. This black and charred looking above was actually quite okay-lah. It's black because of the sauce.

All the running around... one full Saturday. But I'm not complaining cos I see many things I can be thankful for in all these.. To be able to get up in the morning means I'm alive. To be able to go to the gym means my limbs are still okay and I still have my health. To be able to enjoy my food means one of life's pleasures is still a pleasure. And to have friends from afar means my life has been enriched and blessed. To have to ditch one phone? Well, that was just 'dumb luck' (not that I believe in it...LOL!) but to be able to trade it in for another means I still have choices in life. And to be able to still hang out with the young, well, I guess it means we're still young at heart! LOL! So, one full Saturday... and yeah! I thank God for it!

3 comments:

Thomas C B Chua said...

Life is for the living, There is plenty of time to be dead. The dead don't go to gymn; don't swim; don't use phone; don;t eat etc, etc

AJ7 said...

Spot on! 8)

ppearl said...

saturday morning ah? lie-in time..... at least until Cavebaby gets us up! lol

Broken?

Education in doldrums... An already broken education system given a really hard whack by Covid-19.  I used to read about pandemics, that a b...