Sunday, February 28, 2010

Krispy Creme Doughnuts

Big Apple, J.Co, Dunkin' Donuts.... donuts are quite popular here by the looks of it. This is the latest of the donuts that I've tried.
Krispy Creme Mug
Krispy Creme at Berjaya Times Square. It's an American franchise. Americans claim donuts originated from America. But some say, donuts came from Holland and Germany. Krispy Creme has been around for more than 60 years; in America, I mean.
Krispy Creme Doughnuts
Like most donuts outlets these days, you can watch your donuts being made from scratch. It's kinda fun watching it the first time... But like so many things in life, one kinda gets used to such first experiences, even when they are supposed to be nice ones. Life is like that. The first time is always the most fun. That's why being a kid is supposed to be more fun; they have a lot of first everything. It's harder to keep that as we grow older. Expectations go up and you get dulled by the trappings of life.
Krispy Creme
The array of trays with their offering. Again after so many donut experiences, the wow factor was somewhat diminished.
Krispy Creme
We each tried one. Mine was Vanilla flavoured. Gal had her usual strawberry related one. Other Half's was cappuchino flavoured while Son had chocolate. Of course all of them had fanciful names like Cappucino Franc, Chocolate Cake, Vanilla Cake and Firecracker Red. Each is priced at RM2.80. But it's the drinks which were expensive; RM8.50 for a Passionlicious and RM7.50 for a cup of coffee. My donut was way too sweet; enough to induce diabetes I should think! LOL! I think one really needs to have a real sweet tooth for this.

So Krispy Creme... sure, my donut was 'crispy' enough but I think I'd think twice about coming back for seconds. I prefer Big Apple's to this one. It's lighter and not so sweet. But for those with sweet inclinations, this might get them a little excited. And the young people... probably hip enough place to hang out.

But for the opportunity to try this... I am still thankful and glad. Makes sense to me now... this verse.. be thankful always.. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18.

3 comments:

Dino said...

I only like the original flavor. But Krispy Kreme is a dying franchise over here. People use to que up for hours but now....not anymore.

AJ7 said...

If Singapore is anything to go by... donut craze here will probably die in one or two years. A couple of years ago, when I was in Singapore, donuts were craze. Two years ago, it was difficult to find a donut shop even. They had all lost their popularity.. I'd still go for konlo mee any time. 8)

PreciousPearl said...

Krispy Kremes are a bit too sweet for my liking, nice to start with but sickening after eating half a donut (irrespective of the flavour)

Broken?

Education in doldrums... An already broken education system given a really hard whack by Covid-19.  I used to read about pandemics, that a b...