Friday, December 31, 2010

Coming up....2011

Happy New Year! Every year end, the same thing happens. An old year gets eclipsed for good and a new one takes its place. But essentially all of us plod on almost the same... Oh! I forgot, that's why we have resolutions. To make the plodding a little different. But then again, it becomes the same cos most of us can't keep to those resolutions. He! He!

There'll be no new resolutions for me and I'll try not to carry the baggages from 2010 into the new year.... except for this 'flood' wound on my knee which seems to keep reopening. I miss swimming and cannot wait for it to heal totally. Problem is each time I thought it was okay, the skin tears open again.... the second tear being today over a seemingly healed skin. And it's been almost 2 months. So, I'll definitely have to carry this from the old year into the new! No choice.

2010 would still be a year to remember. I finished 49 books, (non) novels. 50 would have been a great figure but I ran out of time. I was happily distracted by the 'ins and outs' of people in my life. I failed to finish reading my Bible... still a bit more, the flood put a dampener to my reading. 8( I reconnected with old friends and that's a resounding yay of gladness!! I saw all my nephews and nieces too! It's also a year to be remembered cos my father-in-law passed on. It was all very sudden but I believe God loves him more. There were changes too at home but I can see more good out of it for my children.

It's also a year dotted with unpleasant memories... suicides, of friends lost, upheavals, etc.

A new year! The thing that I dread most is a new school year means a different kind of busy is now in place... the 'pek-chek' type. Early mornings, coupled with mad rushes... those will be the hallmark of most of the weekdays. But I'm still glad to be working.

As for the rest of what's coming up?? I guess they'll just be 'business as usual for me' except that as always, I'll try to make my own penambah baikkan, whenever possible or try to learn to cope as situations change. Life is full of changes! So no resolutions again this year, unless you count tambah baik as one.

So, Happy New Year to all who wander in. Here's a toast to you all!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy New Year to you and your family! Hope your wound heals without delay.

AJ7 said...

Thanks Keats. I am hoping that it would get better soon. I miss swimming a lot.

Broken?

Education in doldrums... An already broken education system given a really hard whack by Covid-19.  I used to read about pandemics, that a b...