Saturday, May 10, 2008

Coming Up! Mergong Tesco

Saw this advertisement in The Star yesterday. This Tesco is supposed to be an eco-friendly store. Not bad!So after being reminded by the paper, we went to have a look at Tesco to see its progress. The familiar TESCO sign is finally up!

Though it was quite late in the evening when we passed by, we could still see many workers there. Machines, people...construction sounds were everywhere, even though there was a drizzle.

The trees are up, instant of course...the gravel road is now tarred. The opening looks set to be on. After the drive by, we went to Pacific to shop for groceries. Pacific was actually quite crowded...parking lots were quite full. At the cashier, I noticed that they have this RM1 cash voucher for every RM30 spent promotion. Felt happy, of course. Free money, mah! Went to the counter and claimed my vouchers. Then I thought we'd spend it immediately since I didn't want to clutter my brain with the need to remember those vouchers.
So I happily went to the counter clutching my vouchers to pay only to be told that the voucher is only valid from 17 May to 23 May. Looks like they want people to remember to go back to Pacific cos that's the week Tesco is opening. People are going to Tesco and the rest will be ghost complexes... it was like that the last time Giant opened!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hahahaha! so many shops, so little time! happy shopping!

Broken?

Education in doldrums... An already broken education system given a really hard whack by Covid-19.  I used to read about pandemics, that a b...