Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Random thoughts...

Have been mostly away from my workplace the last 2 weeks. I still go to work, just that I was away. I always kinda like this time of the year cos I get to meet up and work with friends. It's a nice welcomed change. Takes the monotony out of the routine. Tomorrow I go back to face my charges again...thankfully the exams are on. Don't have to immediately go back and start chasing the marginal people I deal with at work.

Tomorrow is also a big day for Alor Star... TESCO is opening. We're planning to go and bersesak with the people. Not that I enjoy jostling through the crowd but this time around, I think I shall do something not in my nature for a change. I think in this rather laid back city, many people will definitely be making their way there. See how an opening of a store this can stir up such excitement. Kesian us, folks here, yah?

And tomorrow too, exams end for my kids. Merdeka! Not them! Me! Exams can be rather stressful, especially on the moms. The dads don't seem to be very affected. They and their one track mind...work...work...work... Mothers usually bear the brunt of it all. And it tends to get to you!

Anyway, my main goal would be to try out Big Apple and Coffee...see whether there would be the signature queue they have been so well known for at each opening. More tomorrow if I have the time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

adoi... tesco??? how many shopping centers are there in alor setar?

Anonymous said...

shop until u drop??? have a bun on my behalf ;)

AJ7 said...

How many shopping complexes??? Can count-lah. Tesco will be the biggest. Giant opened last year I think.. the other big one is Pacific. Got 2 or 3 more small ones...

Broken?

Education in doldrums... An already broken education system given a really hard whack by Covid-19.  I used to read about pandemics, that a b...