Thursday, April 23, 2009

Friends...

Friends... my life is richer because of them. God is good to me. He's sent friends in different shapes and sizes. Some are far, some near. I've some friends whom I see almost every day and those I see occasionally. But I've also friends whom I've not seen for a really long time but we're still in touch. But all of them do one same thing for me... they enrich my life. So, if any of you fit into any of the 3 groups up there and are reading this... thank you for your friendship. They mean a lot to me. My life has been made better because of your friendship.

A friend of mine told me recently after a loss. She told me friends are important. They ease the pain during difficult times. The original word for friend is freon which means 'to love'. A friend loves at all times.....Proverbs 17:17.

I've a friend whom I can call at odd hours (daylight-lah, of course) of the day when I need a driver to drive me around to run my errands. Yesterday, I had a few errands to run in town... and so little time. Came back at 3.10 p.m., called this friend.. asked her whether she needed to pay any bills. Then I said I had a big udang behind my rock... I needed someone to drive me around. 10 minutes later, my ride was outside my house. And I ran 5 errands in one hour just before the offices closed at 4.45p.m. Even had time to stop by the kuih shop to buy some tea home for my kids some more. All in slightly over an one hour! 8) Would not have been possible had I gone on my own. This same friend is one whom I can leave my marketing list and when I come home from work, the stuff would be in my freezer or when I have a need, deposit my kids at her place.

I've a friend who will invite us over to her house (or we go out for dinner) for a usually super delicious home cooked meal. And also get pies, cakes and all sorts of goodies sent over to our house. My kids and us are blessed to be able to savour all those goodies.... their ma can't do those stuff! They've been blessed many times over through their stomachs... which stems from the heart of gold of a friend.

I've my 2 young friends, whom are like my own. Watched them grow, mature and blossom. Been there for me in some of my difficult moments... and one feels young with young friends. 8)

I've a friend whom I can do 'crazy' stuff at work such as bringing stuff to cook. Our latest fare was fish porridge. Don't ask how we managed but we did! Or stand by some of the more difficult stands that I sometimes make.... I've a penchant for being a bit off the normal block sometimes... often times creating unwarranted bad vibes for myself... but to have friends stand by me for the right reasons...

I've a friend whom I've not seen for years, yet her kids and I chat with each other from across the ocean as with that sort of familiarity that one usually gets from face to face contacts. Technology has a big part to play but it also has to do with the heart not losing that bit of innocence from the youth of yesteryears.... I often times touch base with my youthful idealism as a result... cos a friend like this is a reminder from the past of what we stood for, what we were taught.

I've a friend whom I see occasionally, another one from my kiddy years... and sometimes when I need favours for my parents, I can still feel comfortable to pick up the phone and ask...

I've a friend who would go the extra mile when my kids need someone to go the extra mile with them. Even when it meant giving up their free day to come and spend that time with my troubled kid.

And I've a friend who has been my soul mate these last 20 years (well almost). We've build a life together, dream dreams...

I've a friend.... to be able to say that. That feels good. Life is about relationships. Our relationship with our fellow man also reflects our relationship with our Maker.

Friends... to be able to just make this list up is a blessing... because of you, my friends I hope I've become a better person. God bless you all!

4 comments:

daboss said...

and what is a friend? if not to be inconvenienced? :D

AJ7 said...

ah yes... aptly put. Ha! Ha!

Thomas C B Chua said...

Random Shots, aiyo....never include your cyber friends one? How come?

AJ7 said...

And yes... all those friends new and old.. in my cyber domain... your comments and input have also been much appreciated.... 8)

Broken?

Education in doldrums... An already broken education system given a really hard whack by Covid-19.  I used to read about pandemics, that a b...