Thursday, April 1, 2010

The wonders of an extra day off...

Schools are allowed to take a couple of Cuti Lembaga a year. We took one today after the Sports Day. Teachers don't get leave like other professions. So it always feels nice not to be working on a school day! 8)

But I still got up early as usual.... 6 a.m. I find myself getting up early even on non-school days now. During weekends, I might just laze around in bed for a while longer but it's hard to sleep past 7 these days. I got up and gave myself the luxury of going to the market at 6.50 a.m. Came back with breakfast for everyone. Then it was off to the gym with my friend. We worked out for an hour before going for breakfast at the kafe with no name... haven't been there since I blogged about it.

Came back and the air con man arrived soon after for some major 'shifting' work. While waiting for them to finish I managed to sneak out for an errand. However, I was left with a very patchy big wall. I immediately took off for the hardware shop (and some more errands) and came home armed with my necessary tools to battle the wall. Since Daughter is still in her helpful stage, we decided to do the walls at the stairwell too! We ended up doing quite a lot of painting. I enjoyed the time together... 8)

Evening was supposed to be for swimming. Other Half just got our Gal some swimming paraphernalia but unfortunately the cats and dogs decided to rain themselves on us. Anyway, a church friend came to get some some PowerPoint slides done... put Son to task despite his whines. A full but satisfying day.... Dinner was Colonel Sanders' supposedly finger lickin' good but I think I am outgrowing that already too...

As I sit here, I can still catch a whiff of fresh paint and face a really white walls. 8) I like white walls... though it's just a matter of time before it becomes smudged again since this is a high traffic wall area of the house..... where the glass board stays perched!

2 comments:

daboss said...

you're definitely type A. a type B would have just lazed the day away and be happy that he managed to do that!!!

AJ7 said...

Yup! Guilty as charged! LOL! My son finds it very 'pek-chek' cos when I am busy.. I am also busy chasing him!

Broken?

Education in doldrums... An already broken education system given a really hard whack by Covid-19.  I used to read about pandemics, that a b...