Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter...

I'm not one for any form of celebrations... even our wedding was low key. If not for parents, I think the simple church wedding that we had would have been very okay for me. So Easter celebration to me is more of essence than the celebrations...

Easter... promises of hope to come. Holding on to faith means walking that narrower path. More difficult than easy. But somehow this Easter my mind goes back to someone whom I've crossed path a couple of times. Her dad is behind bars. Her mom expects her to work so that they can pay the lawyer. She hopes to finish her studies so that she can try for a place in the university but has to miss classes most of the time to work. What is hope to each one in this family?

Hope is what drives many of us... some of us hope our children will make it big or remain with us. Some of us hope that we become rich... I hope to own an Ipad. 8) All of them kinda point to the same thing... something better for ourselves. Yet all these hopes even if materialized finally will also be taken from us. And we'll be left with nothing; as how we came with nothing when we entered this world. As a tiny baby, all we had was just hope in our parents - that they'd nurture us, watch over us. All there was was just faith in them.

This Easter, I am reminded of the hope that I have in God. Hope for eternity, for when this journey on earth is done, my hope is that my Father in heaven will nurture me, watch over me... it's the same, these two journeys; journeys of faith.

"For the grave cannot praise you, death cannot sing your praise; those who go down to the pit cannot hope for your faithfulness." Isaiah 38:18.
For the one sacrifice of atonement, the purchase of my soul, plucked from the pit... that is the hope that one act at Calvary has done for me.

Blessed Easter... and oh ya! Easter eggs given at church service this year was herbal tea egg. How's that! Not only were they delicious but the extras were snapped up.

5 comments:

PreciousPearl said...

Happy Easter....

Thomas C B Chua said...

Random Shots, agreed with you in words and spirit. Everyday is Easter for me. May the GLORY of the Resurrection energize you and your family !

Dino said...

1) On the verge of getting Ipad...need something to tip me over.....like flash or something. But if the sites i go to regularly supports it, i'll jump on it.

2) Herbal eggs.....hmmm....never had it, saw it back home, thought it look and smell horrible. Need to try it when i see it again.

AJ7 said...

Wah! You making me salivate with the Ipad thingy. No news when it will be available here. Some say June... I'm quite certain of getting one... hope this 'peer pressure' tips you over. LOL!

Herbal tea egg is actually very nice. Most people go for seconds after trying. We used to have to go Penang to get it... now available here, friend make, just as nice! *lickin fingers*

daboss said...

what i was told on easter sunday is... "just make sure that you make his dying worth it"... of course, he eventually rose again...

Broken?

Education in doldrums... An already broken education system given a really hard whack by Covid-19.  I used to read about pandemics, that a b...