Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Food Gatherings...

Have food will gather... where there is food there'll be us! 8)
Prawn Fritters
But times have changed... used to be prawns will always be a hot favourite with everyone. These days, people actually bypass them. My boy will actually give it a pass if the skin is not peeled. But these are really nice. Crispy and tasty.
Angel Hair Pasta
Karyn came home, so Ah Ho got herself busy and invited some people over. We were among the lucky ones. 8) This is Angel Hair with scallops, ham and dunno what other goodies in it. I took a couple of helpings.
Mutton Goulash
Mutton Goulash... the mutton is absolutely nice and munchy. I got to 'ta-pau' some home for Son who was home from NS for his Easter break.
Home baked
And the mutton went well with the freshly home baked bread. Stuff the mutton and the gravy in and it's a meal on its own.
Ham n Cheese
Finger food... ham and cheese. Can't remember what the brown blob is but I think it was some kind of cheese too. Cut pieces of everything and roll them up in the ham. Then dig in... nice!
Cheese
Close-up of the brown blob... it looks like our dodol. 8)
On The Ipod
While we were busy tucking in, she was busy with her papa's Ipod. She was a little under the weather and groggy from medicine but still insisted to tag along when we told her we were going to Aunty Chua's.
Dinner Spread
This was from an earlier week's makan. All layers of stewed meat. It's good. My favourite and Ah Ho made it cos of that. How not to be touched! Notice the sambal udang kering beside it? Add the meat and gravy with plenty of sambal to white rice... it's yummy-licious.
Birthday Cake
That meal above went with this cake... You see once you reach a certain age where the number is supposed to be a 'sensitive issue', they replace the candles with just one teapot... LOL! Just kidding! Cake is buttercake... really flavourful with all the different nuts added in... in super generous amounts. Like I said earlier, I'm not much for celebrations but with such thoughts, very 'kang-tung'. Thanks too to my 2 other friends who took me out for lunch, Japanese.... a couple of days earlier.
Card
And last but not least, for the thought that went into this... am touched!

9 comments:

daboss said...

you really seem to have a blast up there in the northern state!!! so many activities and so much makan.

PreciousPearl said...

waaaa..... happy 21st birthday! :p
only one teapot? :p :p

AJ7 said...

daboss: The secret is in the friends... if I count my blessing and name them one by one, this surely counts as one!
PP: Thanks.. one teapot. You knowlah... teapot shape we become as we 'mature'. One teapot quite enuf ade.... 8)

Dino said...

I envy you. Can eat like that and stay slim....i'll be a puffer fish if i eat like that!!! >(

Unknown said...

A teapot to celebrate your birthday? I drink to that:) Looks like a lot of food there - I'll be a roly poly before I'm done!!

monay said...

Happy, happy belated birthday my friend. Eugene just wondered yesterday what will happen if we have birthdays everyday. With home-cooked food like that from dear friends (lots of love went in it), I think I should like to have birthdays everyday... :)

Mr. Pineapple said...

Hello! I'm new to the blogging scene and my blog seemed a little bit too random-subject wise, and was a little bit worried. But after visiting your blog and reading your title about being a blog of things that interests you, I will keep up with the randomness. I absolutely love your collection, so keep posting!!

Thomas C B Chua said...

Your birthday, Random Shots? Belated birthday greeting.. many happy returns. (Mine coming up soon. How I wish the food you got)
Don't worry about the candles. My cake has no space for candles oleli. If to replace with teapot, then a really big one is needed.
Age is just mind over matter. If you don't mind, it does not matter. Live on .........

AJ7 said...

Dino... hit the gym! LOL! Then the food!

Keats: Thanks. I'm a little teapot, short and stout....

Monay: Tell Eugene, if his mummy says it's okay to celebrate his birthday everyday, go for it. LOL! Opportunities like that don't come every year! Ha! Ha! But then again, birthday everyday would also get boring.

Mr Pineapple: Thanks for the compliment. I'm glad you enjoy my rantings. 8)

Thomas: Terima kasih... Yup! Live on.... Cheers! 8)

Broken?

Education in doldrums... An already broken education system given a really hard whack by Covid-19.  I used to read about pandemics, that a b...