Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Tennis...

Tennis was my last hols' project.... But the lack of 'kaki' as well as a tight schedule has put the game on shelf since CNY. Add that to the more than unusually hot weather of the last 2 months, I found myself moving into the gym more, apart from the occasional squash which I still play... sheltered from the elements! 8)
Royal Kedah Club
But then my 'coach' called me up yesterday and asked whether I was still game to play.

I said yes! 8) Beggars can't be choosers! And for every extra coaching that I get, I count it a bonus! Originally there were 7-8 of us. And 8 lessons were slated for us by Sydney. But he continued to make sure we didn't lose interest beyond the 8 lessons. But even before the 8 lessons were up, there were only 4, and soon the number dwindled to 3. Yesterday, it was only me. But I got a really good workout today... actually feel lenguh for a change. Have not felt this tired after a game for a long time. Better stamina means I don't get tired much these days... even my low BP problem has not plagued me for some time. And for the first time in my life, I actually can run a couple of hundred metres without feeling as though the air has been sucked out from my lungs. Never been much of runner even though I'm a games person.
Royal Kedah Club
The club tennis courts are undergoing renovations. 6 of the hard courts have been resurfaced. The one above will be an artificial grass court. It's not quite completed yet. Was told that each of those artificial turf cost 70K! But they are supposed to last around 15 years. That compared to the hard court which was only 17K. I am told that the grass court is very nice to play on... but I'll have to wait till I'm good enough to play on them.
Artificial Grass
Bales of artificial grass. These seems to be the leftovers.... but I wouldn't know. Anyway, I had almost an hour of tennis on a one to one basis. Been a while... and I enjoyed the workout. And Sydney tells me once the courts are laid, he'll try to arrange for me to fit into one of the groups.
Artificial Grass
Artificial grass on real grass. The former is more expensive than the latter. What did I learn today? For the people who do things out of love for something they believe in or like or even committed to, they make our days feel blessed. And as the Captain of the Tennis Section, I've to tabik Sydney for his commitment to make sure us minnows who show interest get the encouragement and his time..... For that, I am grateful, thankful.

4 comments:

Thomas C B Chua said...

Random Shots, the "tennisians" (My own word for tennis players) r very blessed. Heard over the vines that the recent rennovation n carpetting cost about half a million! Heard another comment that "it is like providing the tennisians with F1 circuit to race Perodus Kancils." (unquote)

AJ7 said...

I agree... definitely F1 circuit material for Kancils. LOL!

PreciousPearl said...

woohoo! Justine Henin, move over, here comes Amelia!

AJ7 said...

PP... you are making me bowl over... many, many times. ROFL!

Broken?

Education in doldrums... An already broken education system given a really hard whack by Covid-19.  I used to read about pandemics, that a b...