Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Breakfast at ET...

Taman Golf which is located near the Taman Jubli Perak used to be an area with only one makan shop for years, a lady who sells noodles at the corner shop. Then she retired and somebody took over her shop. Now we have more variety. But this past one year has seen 2 new makan shops opening. And we're getting variety now... from roti canai to breakfast ala barat apart from the different types of mee, beehoon and kuey teow. 8)
Porridge
The more recent addition; we can even get chicken porridge from E.T., an inconspicuous looking shop fronting the football field. You've got to look real hard cos there is no signboard. Set breakfast comes with free-flow coffee or tea.
Set breakfast
And also set breakfast... the cook is still trying to get it right. It's been a while since he left the restaurant business... so he is a little 'rusty'. He asked me what to else to add to his breakfast set and I told him baked beans. It'll be featured in the near future. The set comes together with bread and real butter. He'll be adding jam in too he says. There's also fruit juice, as in real orange juice, actually blended there and then and not from the box! I find this a nice touch. Also free flow coffee and tea!

Breakfast time is from 7.30 a.m. to 10.00 a.m. They serve lunch and dinner too, more of Thai type of food and also some western dishes like chicken chop, steaks. I've been there a few times. Food seems to be improving with each visit. Their beef noodles saw improvement the second time I had it.

Update: 11.00 p.m.
Son took his sis for dinner at ET today and she came back saying that the picture of the set breakfast now has baked beans and jam. Wah! The proprietor very cepat and cekap! And she is expecting us to take her there this weekend. LOL!

7 comments:

Dino said...

Been ages since i had porridge.

AJ7 said...

Buy some rice, dump in lotsa water, throw in some chicken, cabbage and carrots, onion boil and boil ... add salt... fry some garlic amd ginger, add in some soy sauce... you have your soothing porridge. Oh ya! Get some salted eggs or century eggs to go along with it. Enjoy.... 8)

Thomas C B Chua said...

AJ 7, that's my kitchen when I'm home alone .LOL

Unknown said...

I only cook porridge in the house when someone is not feeling well! Funny thing, when I'm on holiday, for buffet b'fast, I always make a beeline for porridge which should ideally have salted egg. Yes, I enjoy porridge:))

Dino said...

When you go next week, go suggest Hash Browns....

monay said...

When I was growing up, my opinion was that porridge is for toothless people. Now fortunately I am not that stoopid. That porridge does look yummy, inspiration for me to make some for dinner tonight...:) Nowadays, mine has morphed to include dried scallops, dried oyster and cilantro.
hmm, cabbage and salted eggs....

AJ7 said...

Try this porridge... typical Foochow porridge. Used to be my favourite. My grandma used to cook it.. then mom taught us...
Cook plain porridge, add in some lard (you can change it for garlic or onion oil but the smell won't be the same) and break in an egg or two... used to be breakfast of us. Mom would always prepare some lard in an earthen pot for us so that we can cook our own egg porridge supper using the leftover rice...

Broken?

Education in doldrums... An already broken education system given a really hard whack by Covid-19.  I used to read about pandemics, that a b...