Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Where did my time go?

Father Time has been absolutely whizzing his way around my life the last couple of days... I was driving to school today and for a while I actually had to crack my head to recall what I did two days ago! Brains cells got overwhelmed... LOL!

But I am not complaining much, except when it has to involve my kids. Getting them to help, or to see that they need to play a role in the things that we do is always a battle of wills. Ours is to get them involved and theirs to get out of it. Life's cycle revisiting itself! *sigh*

So after a few knocks, it was with fondness that I am reminded of the good dinner we had after church at Ah Ho's... angchiu mee suah, egg salad, fried mee suah (which Onnie thought was fried beehoon!), chocolate cake... in good company. Table talk was wedding plans! Weddings are afoot!!! Yay! And oh ya! It was put forward that dogs are better than children... potty trained dogs. They stay loyal, don't talk back and can be replaced for variety! LOL! So even though dinner came after church and an after-school of running around town on various errands and some major cleaning for the house, it was nevertheless a good day. Bushed and whacked... nice in a way!

Yesterday was no better. After stripping the paint for the wall the day before, it had to be repainted. More errands round the town after school and then it was down to painting under the hot sun. Tan is not much of a problem now that swimming gives me a perpetual one all the time! I've not gotten to the stage where I feel to be fair is important. If that is a consideration, there'll be many things will be off-limits! There is always a price to be paid, either way! Depends which side of the divide appeals to you.

Son came back as I was about done; neck and hands were achy by then. And that was when the geram-ness came in... ask a teenager to assist and there'd be a whole host of reasons they give which can drive you mad!

Physically, it was manageable. Regular workouts have enabled the body to withstand a little heavier physical work. And at night Son and I rewarded ourselves with the super delicious nasi kari from Jalan Stadium. Mutton curry is only available on Mondays. We had to wait 50 minutes to get to our turn but the food was worth it! Super duper delicious!!! Finger lickin' good!

Week is only half gone... for all the things that I can still do, it's a blessing! It means I still have the strength and enthusiasm for those things which we sometimes think as drudgery. It means that l still take interest in mundane things that life is sometimes about. So, time gone into these everyday (and not so everyday) things means I'm still me! That is something, I reckon I should be thankful for.

3 comments:

daboss said...

well, you sure sound like manage to cram a whole lot of things into your day!!! don't think you want to add more!!!

AJ7 said...

Well, just added badminton at night to it... he! he! And I went to duduk at the squash court after that to teman the 2 men currently in my life to play squash. I was too bushed to join them... 8)

PreciousPearl said...

how time flies when ure havin' fun...... lol

Broken?

Education in doldrums... An already broken education system given a really hard whack by Covid-19.  I used to read about pandemics, that a b...