Friday, July 30, 2010

To each... his/her journey...

Everyone of us goes down this path called life.... our very own journey. Like any trip that we take or make, we see different things, meet different people, even have people walk with us a part of the journey... then the things, scenery, people... either we leave them behind or they leave us. Cos we need to move on. That's what I realize today.

A momentary sense of desolation at the thought that I have to do that alone some day too...

With the heavy (it shouldn't be) cloud hanging over, as the clock ticks, yet with another who journeys with us at the verge of leaving us behind, the thought just came. It's been a week of roller coaster ride.... not quite over yet though, the waiting. But somehow, this waiting brings with it its own kind of strange comfort... the sort that makes it feel like a slow fading away from this world, gently....

When Christ took His cup of suffering, He asked God whether it could be taken from Him. Yet in the end He did what He came to do. I think many of us would like to keep going too, not have to take the that final cup of suffering. But like any trips, the journeying has to come to an end. We will have to take the final suffering life has to offer, and with it the ultimate release too.

The song.. This world is not my home, I'm just a passing through... I'm glad for the hope in heaven my faith gives unto me... that despite my ever so faltering faith.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Who knows what lies ahead?? It is a journey. May our last lap be as peaceful as it can be.

Broken?

Education in doldrums... An already broken education system given a really hard whack by Covid-19.  I used to read about pandemics, that a b...