Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Private... by James Patterson

This is Patterson's 3rd book which I've read this year. And so far, I'm liking what I read. He's quite a versatile writer, covering diverse topics. I particularly enjoyed his last book which brought me back to the era of the Ku Klux Klan in America.

This one brings me into the world of private investigative realm, one that comes with every imaginable high tech CSI-like gadgetry and techniques, where crooks can hijack and tap into mobile lines using rogue softwares. And of course it ends well, with the law triumphing over the smug crooks. The main character inherited the company, Private an well-known investigative firm from his father. It is elite and deals with lots of high profile clients. It keeps secrets of these clients. He also rubs shoulders with the mafias.

It's a book with 3 main plots running concurrently, Schoolgirls Killings, the NFL fixed games and the murder of Morgan's (the main character) best friend's wife. Suffice to say, all the were solved though not all had happy endings. The story packs a punch because it moves at a fast pace, definitely not one of those draggy books. And being weekend, with lots of driving and waiting duties, it was easy to finish. Been 7 months since I got my Ipod.... it has made my waiting time so bearable.

I enjoyed this one; number 34.

No comments:

Broken?

Education in doldrums... An already broken education system given a really hard whack by Covid-19.  I used to read about pandemics, that a b...