Thursday, March 4, 2010

Busy....

I wonder what I'll do with my time if I'm not busy... These days, I am so busy that often I don't have time to think. Yesterday... school ended at 2.50 p.m. Rushed home and sent my boy for his driving lesson. Started my home lesson with my girl and her friend at 3.30 p.m. I showed them the RayBan video to teach them about the chameleon. Last week we did metamorphosis of the mozzie. Some exercises and an essay later and 5.30 p.m. on the clock... I went to pick up a cake for friend's birthday from Sayang. Picked up Son at 6.30 p.m. Took both kids to meet up with friends for birthday dinner at 7.00 p.m, at Dee Dee Thai Restaurant .. Came home at 8.40 p.m. Sat down to do revision with Daughter. And the last activity for the day... squash from 9.50 p.m. to 10.20 p.m. Son played with his dad while I hit the wall on my own. One full day or not??? But not everyday is like that-lah. This happens to be my busiest day of the week.

I thought with Son's 'home-coaching' ending last year, I'd have more time in my hand. Nope! Most days are still mad rushes, juggling between work, kids, friends, church...

Work... right now, there're more downs than ups. Good head vs bad head thingy. Functional vs non-functional. Do we just stand aside and say nothing? Halal vs haram, all words of convenience, twist and turn to the direction you want. Just like our politics. Jump ship - and the holey-moley stuff would rear their ugly heads. God does not need such people to defend them. If anything, God is better off without them.

I've resumed lessons with Daughter this year... she's quite fun and easy to teach. It's a wonder how the lesser resistance can make such a difference; even pleasurable. This year too we got bitten by the 'Malaysia-trotting' bug, we've been on the road quite a lot. It's easy to remain enthusiastic because the Lil One is ever game. I've been with people with so many idiosyncracies that most of the time, in order to keep things fun and going, I let them have their way. It kinda takes some fun out of the things we do.

Swimming, squash, gym workouts hog my other free time. Badminton has taken a backseat... but I still play once a week. Have managed to go up Pokok Sena Hill once so far this year. Should go more often. It's good to go outdoors more. Watching those around me, I've realized that we sometimes become more set in our ways as we grow older... and that very often is not good for us. Being set... sometimes that in itself condemns us.

Busy? Is that good? I guess so. I don't know what I'll be doing if I am not busy. But being busy with only one thing may not be that good as I've observed. I look at my mom - her busyness was us. And when we left home, the void left behind was big.

Balance - family, job, friends, church. Faith is important. My job gives me my own financial independence and also challenges me to improve myself. Good friends are hard to come by... count them as blessings from above... You'd still be disappointed with some (and you'd also disappoint them) sometimes but accepting that differences do occur and the necessity to move on helps. So, being busy... guess that's good. 8)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh , you're a busy bee!And doing a good job. I had my share of it when the kids were growing up.
It certainly isn't good to be just busy solely with our kids. The void leaves such a vacuum. Should have other interests to carry on being busy!!

PreciousPearl said...

eh wah, u r so busy that i feel tired just reading about it :p

AJ7 said...

Keats: Yeah! We should have interests, have our own life...Thanks for dropping by.
PP: LOL! It can be quite fun-lah sometimes.

Broken?

Education in doldrums... An already broken education system given a really hard whack by Covid-19.  I used to read about pandemics, that a b...