Thursday, March 25, 2010

Dinner @ Kaede Restaurant

This is one of my usual haunts for quite some time... the only proper Japanese restaurant in town; Kaede. It is located at Stesen Bas Baru (the row of shops at the Bulatan Teluk Wanjah). The bus station is no longer there, having been moved by the City Council to Shahab Perdana many years ago. But somehow we still refer to that area as the Stesen Bas Baru. There used to be another Japanese restaurant in Pekan Simpang Kuala but I think they've closed. Anyway, this is one place I'd go for dinner regularly.... I still prefer Asian to Western....
Kaede,Alor Setar
My Unagi ramen in light broth... thin version. I think I should have ordered my usual - salmon, tuna, cod bentos....
Kaede,Alor Setar
Other Half's ramen... fat version, sweet sour with a slightly sticky soup base. This is one of those very rare times when we ordered the ramen. I think we still have not totally acquired the taste for them. Still rice people, we are.
Kaede,Alor Setar
My girl's Gindara Box... one of my favourites actually. But since she wanted it, I decided to go for something different. This is cod fish. I always like the 'lemak' taste of it. And somehow, cooked this way always seem to make the rice more appetizing. I like Japanese style of food. Yesterday I had my own homemade version for dinner. Grilled bacon with onion and garlic topped with baby french beans in my tiny grill... with teriyaki sauce and pepper. Then served it on leftover rice from lunch steamed again. Simple meal, easy and quick to prepare.
Kaede,Alor Setar
This is the Chicken Bento... in teriyaki sauce. One reason why I like Japanese food is the way the food is lightly prepared with sauces. And even though they are 'dry', they always seem to go very well with the rice. The set comes with the usual miso soup.
Kaede,Alor Setar
I treated myself to a little of this... oysters! None of them likes it... less man more share. 8)
Kaede,Alor Setar
Also had this... the edamame or soy bean boiled in salt. Nice to eat as finger food.

Kaede's food is quite nice and very reasonable. They used to be located at the Sentosa Plaza along Jln Putra but those days, not very many people would go as it was hidden out of sight. They are doing a roaring business at their current place now. If you go past 7.00 p.m. the place is usually full. Best to go for early dinner. 8)

9 comments:

Dino said...

Yum....oysters!!!

AJ7 said...

LOL! You also an oyster fan, huh? Too bad I don't get the kind of oysters you can spoil yourself with there. 8(

Dino said...

I tried buying small oysters to make "oyster egg" and the smallest oyster i can get here is 3-4 inches wide and juicy fat. Cannot get the midget ones we get back in Sitiawan.You'll be in heaven here Amelia.

AJ7 said...

You are already making me salivate... oysters are so expensive here...

monay said...

remind me to serve that when you come....:) my modified amy beh kuali oyster omelette is pretty good (melaka style with potato starch)...

monay said...

oh dino... i have to cut those gigantic ones smaller, otherwise don't know how to deal with(cook or eat) it....

AJ7 said...

You cut up oysters to do 'oo-chien"? Wah! What a waste! Precious, precious here.... Monay! I'll definitely take you up on your oyster offer if I go see you! 8) Oh la la...

Dino said...

I use to just pan fry the oysters and then add the egg....then i realize that i just pan fried the oysters and just eat it without the egg. Very nice!!! :)

PreciousPearl said...

mmmmm.... looks delicious! oysters cost a bomb here, but then most luxury goods/ food are expensive these days

Broken?

Education in doldrums... An already broken education system given a really hard whack by Covid-19.  I used to read about pandemics, that a b...