Friday, March 19, 2010

Irritating... but there're always bright spots

Someone told me that I must be angry with her and that's why I never returned her call. I did return her call but she didn't pick up her mobile... and I was too tired to follow it up after that... I passed the buck already, mah! On a bad day, I get annoyed on being told that...

Mobile phone can be a curse sometimes... people call, then expect you to call back, just because of CLIP. Then there are those who give you miss calls so that you'd call back and they save on theirs. Hmmmph! And also SMSes intrude your life at all hours and you are expected to answer to them... gets kinda irritating.

The mobile is something which I sometimes don't bother checking these days... At work, if there are calls, it means more work; relief classes to be exact. I don't carry my phone around the school quite often. Out of my working hours, if my kids call me, it's usually to ask... not of my well-being, but theirs. I find it irritating that a conversation with someone sometimes can be interrupted a couple of times by the mobile's incessant rings or that they deem it important to reply their smses right there. I think it's rude...

Also irritating... to spend one and a half hour waiting for a cheque of my own money to be made out to me at the bank after the counter transaction. I had just gone to another bank the day before and had to wait more than 20 minutes for the teller to update my account at the counter.... and they are all local banks. How to compete globally minus the gahmen crutches, these banks of ours?

And after coming out from the bank with my cheque.. my car battery died on me, in the middle of an afternoon hot enough to induce heat stroke! No choice! Had to wait in the El Nino induced heat for the battery man. My car battery finally went dead... after 5 years plus! LOL! Worth every sen I paid for it.

But through all those waiting, my Ipod came through for me.... waiting at the first bank and for the technician to come, I finished a quarter of the novel that I'm currently reading. It helped to take the mind of the scorching heat and time seemed to passed faster.

Irritated... people sms me and expect me to be free immediately. I've just realised that I oblige too easily... accomodating other people punya schedules when I happen to be engrossed with personal stuff. Must keep my mobile in the handbag next time...

But a bright spot...
BBQ
An unplanned get-together. The kids were 'partying' away with a mobile disco light thingy.... actually this was the light's dance floor rather than theirs. See how fixated they seem to be.. LOL! This was way out of my territory but the kids had a good time... in Padang Sera.
BBQ
Did this... more of a grilling session of the eating kind. 8) This was at the beginning of a half-night long of merry making, wine included. The kids waited around the table with empty plates and stomachs while we grilled their food. Give em' sausages and they'll tell you how super delicious the food is. LOL! Kids... they're easy to please. When they are hungry they'll eat. When they are full, they stop. Transparent... less complications. As that innocence is lost... a lot of conniving takes place sometimes. Life then becomes complicated.
BBQ
This was much later in the night... sausages left over. French beans on bacon - sinfully delicious! But the cholesterol levels must have shot up...... Our host and hostess were gracious and generous to a fault... lots of leftover, huge prawns, meat, scallops, etc... Other Half even had the privilege of sharing the food even though he wasn't there.... By the time we (me and my gal) got home, it was close to midnight. A girls' night out for Ma and Daughter.... 8)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

With mobile phones, forget about land lines !I think it's gone crazy with so much of the instant reaction to smses, especially silly messages.

PreciousPearl said...

waaaaa, u turning into a grump like me.... proud of you! lolz

and so much makan... weiiii, how you stay so trim?

AJ7 said...

Keats: Agree with you about the silly smses. Try imagine how much money goes into those messages... and if pooled together, how many hungry people can be fed.

PP: Thank you for your compliments. I'm in one of those ranting moods. Wanna come join me makan! I just did laps at the pool juz now.... LOL! Sun and shine all year round here.. can go jump into the pool anytime. And we've the natural sauna too; can sweat like an oink-oink just after a couple of minutes at the gym. LOL!

PreciousPearl said...

:( i think if i live in M'sia i'll get put in jail really quick for having the "wrong" opinions, though I try really hard to be apolitical in my views if i say anything online... as for makan-makan, thanks for the invite, may take you up on it when I next come to visit, but who knows when????

Broken?

Education in doldrums... An already broken education system given a really hard whack by Covid-19.  I used to read about pandemics, that a b...