Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Podcasts.... so much 'funner'

... and I am finding podcasts to be very enlightening. Never found the time to listen or watch them.... until recently, thanks to my Ipod. On-the-go is the keyword here.

5 minutes here, 10 mins there... short video clips from TED, Discovery and so many others. And downloading via ITunes is a breeze. Was just listening to talks about sustainable fish farming, effects of placebo, Asperger Syndromme, the invention of the copier... not only informative but inspiring. The Ipod has been a very good companion to me.
Ipod Podcast
Been watching short documentaries about Victoria Falls, Easter Island on this "Coolest Stuff on the Planet" podcast. Really cool! There's even a video podcast on a how to of photography and audio podcasts about historical interests on my Ipod! Wonderful!!!

So apart from the books that I've been entertained with, this is an added bonus.... more than I had hoped for. I am finding more apps which are very useful to me as I move along, having a much easier time cos everything goes through App Store. And there are so many freebies, enough to keep one happily entertained. Apps are also cheap enough to convince you to pay for the real app.

I was just checking out the new MacBook too. It's been 2 years since I got mine and the specs have not changed really much. One of the things which has enamoured me to Apple is how they seem to sell their products based more on needs rather than just the perceived need for a new piece of hardware. Usually if it's a new piece of hardware they introduce, it comes with it a new way of doing things; I think this is a more responsible way of doing things.

With the PC, it's been a slow release of the different classes of processors, something new every year and with it they try to sell us the idea of how we would need that extra processing speed. It creates a culture of constant upgrades. We're convinced into believing that we need that extra power when we actually don't. Anyway, I've more or less left the "Dark Side' of computer hardware.... LOL! Where work is concerned, I have decided that I'll migrate over too; except for certain gahmen-related websites like the LPM which seem to only operate with IE!

Podcasts on Ipod... it does make 'funner' some of those days when you just want to watch something or listen to something a little different...

2 comments:

Dino said...

Try these:
Vanguard
Buzz Report
Sky News 7 Days
Nature PBS

AJ7 said...

Thanks for the suggestion. Just subscribed Nature PBS. 8) Will try the rest.

Broken?

Education in doldrums... An already broken education system given a really hard whack by Covid-19.  I used to read about pandemics, that a b...