Friday, March 26, 2010

Failing Eyes...

Right around the time you hit your big Four-Oh (40), you start to discover one day the need to squint your eyes just to be able to read the smaller prints. Then you start to adjust those printed material to a distance so that they are in focus. Over the next few years, the words will get blurrier.

That is one of the sure signs of the inevitable, we are growing old..... Where once the eyes might have problem making out the far, the near now becomes a problem. And when you finally cannot read your smses from your mobile, that means you are in need of a new pair of glasses.

I'm trying to fight this off for as long as possible but this is one battle I cannot win. It's a natural process. Two years ago my opto told me that I've perhaps another 2-3 years... sounds kinda terminal, huh? Well, the time seems to be rushing up to me now... 8(

Lately the words are getting blurrier... one of the tell-tale signs that I'm being gradually induced into the middle-age group, and the induction feels like it's coming to a complete cycle soon. It's like you are being slowly eased into the next phase... Not that I'd go sighing and whining about it. But as I look around... almost everyone I know is doing something to hide their age; dyeing their hair, surgical procedures to lift certain body parts... now some of my friends are asking whether they can LASIK long sightedness too (I think it's yup)... this is an age of augmenting, preserving via technology and lifestyle medicine.

Next visit to the opto will be to make a pair of bifocals.... maybe in another year's time?? Midway thru a-passing this world. Time to take stock, adjust my bearings... with each passing year, the temporariness of everything becomes more apparent. 'Failing eyes' I may be experiencing but it shouldn't blur my vision from what ought to be...

5 comments:

ing said...

u r already very blessed ... 40something ....

mine .. started Jan 2010 ... 6mths b4 40!!!! started with giddy feeling ... world spins every time I lie down .... then double vision every time i see things .... hahahha

m in the same shoes w u sis...

daboss said...

i am starting to experience this and dalady was laughing at me the other day... :o(

Dino said...

Already just experience Vertigo....i still can read with no problem.

Unknown said...

Hey! you have to play catch up with me! Thank goodness, everything with growing older is coming along quite fine. Thank God!

AJ7 said...

Ing: For everyday minus the bifocals... I agree with you. It's a blessing!
daboss: Welcome into the induction programme... LOL!
Dino : You still have a couple more years..... enjoy!
Keats: There are always those before us.... those optimistic ones like you makes it easier for those like us who come after you.

Broken?

Education in doldrums... An already broken education system given a really hard whack by Covid-19.  I used to read about pandemics, that a b...