Thursday, January 1, 2009

Baptism

First baptism and membership at WMC...actually there were 11 of them who got baptized. Son was one of them. The youngest was 13.... technically she is still 12 but since it's already the new year, I guess 13 will be more apt.
Photobucket
To be baptized is a deliberate choice that symbolizes dying to the old way of life and coming out to new life. I went through this when I was 16 also but not through immersion as my home church had no baptismal pool then. And it is also a way of showing your decision to a commitment to your faith.
Photobucket
Noticed that these days almost everyone has a gadget in their hands that can shoot a pic. There were more than 50 of us at church tonight, I think. Almost everyone had a gadget of some sort. How 'sophistication' has crept into our lives! LOL! But I wonder how many actually bother to archive everything they shoot.
Photobucket
And our very own homegrown paparazzi....LOL! I think the photo taking should be a little more organized....a few appointed photographers and those who want the photos get it from them.... or maybe we can share such events on a dedicated site.

Anyway, this is another first, one that is celebrated and rejoiced by all those who showed up tonight. 8)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

FYI Grace is going to be 13 in 5 days time. So you can say she is 13 now.

rainbow said...

haha

Broken?

Education in doldrums... An already broken education system given a really hard whack by Covid-19.  I used to read about pandemics, that a b...