Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Two weeks later...

The last day of the second week of school.... after two weeks, I kinda wish that the hols had continued. But somehow going back to school this year was not as 'fiery' as before.... Things can get rather messy early part of the year. New schedule, new style of doing things... add that to all the nonsense that we have to put up with, it's easy to lose one's cool. Tempers fray easily! Our personal feelings sometimes get into the way of professional decision making, complicating things!

But this year, I find myself taking everything more toned down. Not much fire and brimstone thing this time around even though I wasn't happy about certain arrangements. It seems easier to let things go... well, I'll see how things continue in the coming months. Maybe the stress of everything hasn't really quite gotten to me yet. Still got spare from the relaxing months of the holiday!

And maybe, just maybe, passing that milestone in one's life has something to do with it too .... finally grown up at middle age!!! LOL! But I kinda liked the 'new' me. Less complications in a way.... and life seems cheerier too. So far, the things that used to get to me don't seem to get that much of me now.... it's a nice feeling! Nice not be that Type A personality all the time. 8) Probably too because of the people around... family, the young people and friends in my life. You take a cue about life from them... a few surprises here and there, a gesture least expected... they really do make life seems more, well... 'fun'. They also remind me of the simple things that have slipped into the recesses of my gray matter, swallowed by the 'properness' of adulthood...how those simple gestures can bring the 'ooh' and 'aaah' out from me, even though silently! It's nice!

Who you surround yourself with, it makes a world of difference in our lives. I am glad for the people in my life now.

4 comments:

All things beautiful said...

Thank God for the long weekend. I'm about ready to SCREAM!!! Want to do something together?

Anonymous said...

yah... it's good to remind ourselves to take things easy... most of us type As overplan everything... :)

AJ7 said...

All Things Beautiful.... can! 8)

Daboss..yup. Definitely agree with you about the overplanning thingy.. stress creator definitely.. LOL!

Anonymous said...

I could not not agree with you more that even a simple thing in life gives us joy. Job concern, my learning experiences has taught me to go on the principle - to do what we could possible do within our means. If I can't change the direction of the wind, I can always redirect my sail. Ha! Ha!

Broken?

Education in doldrums... An already broken education system given a really hard whack by Covid-19.  I used to read about pandemics, that a b...