Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Living in Whirls...

Yup... I feel like my life is moving past like pieces of pictures of a slide show... and it's on auto mode. 3rd week of school coming to an end and CNY is just around the corner. And already my mind is numbed by the ceaseless 'whirlings' of the daily routines and the unexpected. The tiredness at the end of the day! You plonk yourself onto the bed, close your eyes and the next minute the alarm rings. You open your eyes... and the first thought..."is it time already?" Whatever happened to the idyllic life that I always dreamed of??? 8(

I guess there'll be lots of working mothers out there who feel like that. In many ways, I think I'm having it slightly better than many as my working day ends slightly earlier. I still get to see the sun when I go home. So I am still able to get some things done before the day is over. Sometimes, I wonder whether I should just quit and be a stay-at-home mom. But the thought frightens me somewhat, losing that sort of independence that I'm so accustomed to.

I wish there were more than 24 hours in a day! Guess I wouldn't be the only one wishing that. The days seem to zoom past now... I supposed the time will come one day, when I shall find them crawling at snail pace... can't imagine yet but it will come. There is a time for everything under the sun.... one of my favourites from Ecclesiastes 3.
1 There is an appointed time for everything. And there is a time for every event under heaven—
2 A time to give birth and a time to die;
A time to plant and a time to uproot what is planted.
3 A time to kill and a time to heal;
A time to tear down and a time to build up.
4 A time to weep and a time to laugh;
A time to mourn and a time to dance.
5 A time to throw stones and a time to gather stones;
A time to embrace and a time to shun embracing.
6 A time to search and a time to give up as lost;
A time to keep and a time to throw away.
7 A time to tear apart and a time to sew together;
A time to be silent and a time to speak.
8 A time to love and a time to hate;
A time for war and a time for peace.
So I supposed I should be thankful that my days are filled with meaningful activities and people, that I am still able to do the things that I am doing.

It's better to busy than have nothing to do!!! I guess.....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think your schedule is very much better than most office workers (in the rat race) in kl... with all the dem traffic jams and long hours... :)

PreciousPearl said...

...plus u forgot to quote the infamous line from Ecclesiates:
Everything is meaningless!!
Bah humbug! (this bit contributed by Charles Dickens via Goatville) :D

AJ7 said...

daboss... yah! My schedule is definitely better than most kl people. I only need 12 minutes to get to work if I don't send the kids to school. And bcos of that I can still do a little 'homeschoolin' with my kids, cook and do other 'kaypoh' work. 8) But tiring like mad...

PP...yeah also...everything is meaningless... but man still needs to toil... 8)

Broken?

Education in doldrums... An already broken education system given a really hard whack by Covid-19.  I used to read about pandemics, that a b...