Tuesday, January 13, 2009

An Idiot's Guide to Being a Photographer

How difficult is it to be a photographer, huh?? Not very difficult if you have the Idiot's Guide to Photography. 8) Use the Auto button; even if it's a DSLR.... LOL!!! That was what I did! Other Half is the photographer in the house...with 2 other photographer wannabes but me?? I usually let them do it cos it's easier for me. Anyway, he was working so I filled in for him. Else he'd be a much better choice!
Photobucket
This one is a birthday dinner... 80th birthday! And this cake is really nice...not just to look but also to eat! Indeed a blessing! Even for those of us who were there to share the moment! ... and a night of discovery too. Birthday Gal took part in the swimming event in the Olympics, played water polo as the only female in a team of all males, guarded the goal in the hockey team, climbed coconut trees.... a fantastic achievement considering the era that she was born in. 'Tabik!'
Photobucket
Couldn't resist this cute fler! She's so big now.... yeah! I'll probably see her again in a couple of months and I'll say the same thing again. She was so tiny the last time we saw her! And she was sleeping so much then!
Photobucket
Mouth watering delectables... but as I was on the move everywhere, my appetite was somewhat dulled... but still, I enjoyed the food very much.
Photobucket
..and also the company. Been a while since I actually had a chance to talk to some friends who attended. So it was also a good time to catch up a bit... we could have conversations going actually... cos the music was just about right. No loud blaring music or singer wannabes crooning away! For a change, the atmosphere was just nice for dinner and conversations! I find dinners with all those 'karaoke' sessions a bit painful for the eardrums!
Photobucket
And this the highlight of the evening... my lil Rainbow was asked to present a bouquet of flowers to the birthday girl. Surrounded by 8 other golden girls....this will indeed be something memorable for my girl too in the years to come.

Other Half's Nikon was not too bad...add that with the flash... Wah! Even I was impressed. Could take quick successive shots really well...what with the flash going non stop... the Enelope rechargeable batteries we got from Singapore were very fast too! So, with those to help... all I needed to do was just press the button and move my legs! LOL!!!

3 comments:

All things beautiful said...

Pix turn out great leh! Btw, let me reassure u that the food was fantastic. Have not had a nice dinner for a long while. YUM YUM YUM...

Anonymous said...

wowwwww.... 80 yrs old! that's good going.
btw, Princess Rainbow looking real cute there!

AJ7 said...

thank you..she was very nervous at the same time very happy to be 'chosen' to give the flowers. Kids!! Such things make them so happy oso.

Broken?

Education in doldrums... An already broken education system given a really hard whack by Covid-19.  I used to read about pandemics, that a b...