Friday, January 23, 2009

More Streamyx Stories...

This is the continuation of the supposedly 'finished' Streamyx story... but seems to be resurrected again and again. After 15 days, hopefully Mol's connection is finally working without any hitches... keeping my fingers crossed. At this point, I dare not think the word resolved means it's RESOLVED cos each time I thought so, it goes disconnected.

You know, TM has this policy that problems will be resolved within 48 working hours.

Over the years, the many times of dealing with the Helpline has taught me a couple of things or two. First, you have to be persistent in chasing your report. My experience with this round is, the TM technicians where I am seem not very professional in their work.

The latest episode... The technician called to say that the connection was working on the 3rd working day after the report. But when I checked, it wasn't. So I called him back and told him it wasn't working. Mol's connection was already 'down' for 15 days... I asked him how and he mumbled something about not being available as it was late in the evening already. He said he would look into the matter again the next day...(4th day!! Aiyo! By then my patience was really, really on thin ice). So I called the Helpline again to check the status of my report... Surprise! surprise! The problem was noted as resolved... this same technician had reported it resolved at 2 something! I remembered trying to log in at 3 something with no success!!! So, if I had not called nobody would look into matter!

Then, I insisted that they escalate my report again and that something be done as I've had 15 days of badly interrupted surfing with most days disconnected. The lady on the other end was very sympathetic... she escalated the report did whatever necessary, talked to her supervisor, emailed the technician's supervisor... and before the night was over, some fler from KL called up to notify that they had rectified the problem. 15 days!!! And once the matter went up higher, baru boleh jalan.

Question! How is it that KL could solve the problem so quickly while the local TM technician was basically below par.... and now I need to think about asking for a rebate for those 15 days of horrible service! And hopefully this time, the connection doesn't go kaput again!

....if your Streamyx connection is down...make sure you not only call the Helpline to report, you also have to keep checking on the report. I did it for 2 weeks.... 8(

4 comments:

♥ debbie ♥ said...

hmmm... i remember calling tm few years back... it was a pain... just waiting to be put through to a technician took something like half and hour... problem didn't get resolve for weeks.

but recently, i made a call, i was pretty surprised at the service... picked up nearly immediately and troubleshooted for me. got fixed later that day. they even called back the next day to check if the problem was resolved.

looks like their beginning to slacken off on their service again huh?

Anonymous said...

even better - drive to telekom and make a fuss... kakaka...

AJ7 said...

Debbie : Generally their Helpline is very prompt these days... and quite helpful too; most of them. Most of the time the problems get resolved quite fast. This particular case...dunno why.

Daboss: Telekom will tell you go call their Helpline... LOL!

Anonymous said...

this is sah kena go rehab centre. Someone is going to run amok on the street very soon. Sorry on the passing of your someone. Nice read. It makes me think awhile regarding the tombstone. I'll like my tomstone in a shape of cumputer monitor. That will be very cool yea? Gong xi fa chai!

Broken?

Education in doldrums... An already broken education system given a really hard whack by Covid-19.  I used to read about pandemics, that a b...