Monday, November 3, 2008

Bento 13 ...

Been a while since I posted any Bento pic...not because I've not been making but been caught up with other things as well as feeling too tired. Have started volleyball training for the PSKPPM...this Games thing for those in the MOE at national level. Not sure whether I want to go yet but have joined the training after being persuaded by friends. Then there's also badminton....but somehow, the heart is just not quite there!
Photobucket
This was last Thursday's. Baked bread pudding again. Felt pleased with myself cos I managed to finish everything in half an hour. (Jumping for joy!) And I actually could sit down for 5 minutes before changing into work clothes!!! Savoured every minute! Yahoo!!!
Photobucket
Discovered that if I whisk my egg long enough before I add in the milk, the pudding actually comes out lighter....(any expert will be able to tell you that, I supposed). Baked a tray...for Son to chomp down when he got up...(no school that day) and a few in the cups, as suggested by Hijack Queen earlier, for lil one to take to school. Green apples go very well with the pudding.

Kid and Other Half liked the sugar on top of it...says it makes the pudding taste better.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i have to say - you bento's are starting to look like real bento's - but still room for improvement... :)

Anonymous said...

Wakaka, want more tips or not since you, they, kids, other half like the sugar. You go buy the blowtorch or some called it gas torch to burn the sugar. They will looks like a thin layer of sugar crust. something like the top of creme brulee. The torch can be used for bake alaska, etc. Very useful.

AJ7 said...

def...there's always room for improvement. One thing I don't have though is time. Most of the mornings...it's just stuffing everything into the boxes...since I hv to leave for work early.

Blowtorch?? Hv read abt them...where to get?

Broken?

Education in doldrums... An already broken education system given a really hard whack by Covid-19.  I used to read about pandemics, that a b...