Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Malaysian Rubberized Time...

I'm one of those people who get quite highly strung when people are late....don't ask me why. And I also prefer to wait for people than have people wait for me. I'm quite a stickler to schedules and appointments. I also tend to get agitated if I am late, even for an unimportant appointment.

But here in Malaysia, punctuality is not exactly our forte. Making people wait or stretching our time is a norm. No one really thinks much about it. Some even make room for it by allocating extra time in a programme to accommodate being late. It happens in informal and formal situations.

To those who take things easy, they'd wonder what the big deal it is... So is it a big deal, this punctuality thing? I tend to think it is...

Anyway...I'm off for my hols.... 8)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

this shows that you are a type 'a' personality person... me too. :)

people like us make excellent project managers.

go google "type a personality"...

Ning said...

i hate ppl who are late tooooooo

and singaporeans are NO better than msians...

AJ7 said...

Memang pun....Type A. Yup! I've done a couple of tests on myself and the whole brood.. 8) Kinda interesting...
Personality studies have always been one of those things I'm interested in.. 8)

Broken?

Education in doldrums... An already broken education system given a really hard whack by Covid-19.  I used to read about pandemics, that a b...