Thursday, November 27, 2008

Holidays...

In the last couple of years this is one place which I've been coming rather regularly.... Singapore. At this point of my life, I'm not much into travelling. I'm basically quite happy 'travelling' from my computer console. 8) But the kids enjoy such trips...you know-lah....'kampung kids masuk bandar'.

Woke up this morning to news of terror attacks in Mumbai and another airport closed in Thailand. Glum news in an already gloomy world right now. Protesting ..... where do we draw the lines? There're always the costs to bear and pay. Terror attacks??? Destruction and mayhem... that I think is a definite no-no..

Landed in Singapore yesterday. Was kept busy the whole day. First thing I did was to go shopping... for the stuff that I wanted. One of the plus points of having family here is we have our very own local guides. 8) Bro was kind enough to drop us off before going back to work while sis-in-law accompanied us and took us makan-makan. Managed to get quite a lot of stuff that I wanted. Some of the stuff were not available but I'm not really complaining.
Photobucket
At night, another bro took us for Night Safari.... the kids enjoyed themselves. Personally, I found it not bad. The guides were really good; articulate and good PR. We could learn a thing or two from them. Singapore got this right...these are their ambassadors to the foreigners and they are good. So, in one day, we moved from east to west and south to north... gone round the whole island already!

4 comments:

All things beautiful said...

What one day & u finished your shopping!!! Try Bugis St. Wish could join u :-) Need a favour to get tea strainer if u r going to Daiso. Pls check email for pics. Tq.

Anonymous said...

happy holiday!

Daniel Ting said...

wa... so fast...
i want to blog about that, but urs come out d... :-(

AJ7 said...

Ha! Ha! Beat ya to it...

Broken?

Education in doldrums... An already broken education system given a really hard whack by Covid-19.  I used to read about pandemics, that a b...