Friday, November 7, 2008

Volleyball...

Been going for volleyball training...trying to improve my game. Enjoy the camaraderie, feel good to push new limits, learn new tricks and fool around (like those days so very long ago). Always find it difficult to understand myself when I get down into the courts... There is this sense of forgetting oneself and just taking in the moment. Then when it is over, you feel a sense of elation...it's hard to describe.

As I grow older, it's no longer just the games... sometimes it's the hanging out, call it 'lepak' if you must, it's the fun of being together with a bunch of people whose company you enjoy. Just one of those things which adds flavous to one's life. I've come to realize that we, adults, also need to hang out occasionally...be 'insane' for brief moments before wearing the picture of our sane and serious self again. I'm just rambling...cos I'm trying to make sense of why I still do this....juggling guilt and wants; and I've come to the conclusion.. there's always this little bit of the youthful self of yesteryears that I miss. That part which I let go as I moved on in my life....but when opportunity comes a-knocking, one jumps in...with mixed feelings because of various reasons! But each passing year also tells me that the limitations that comes with aging has become more apparent.

And today I did something that I have not done for a while. Got up early in the morning... went and put myself in the mercy of the morning sun...got 'fried'...I'm now probably one or two shades darker; bruised arms and sore knees to reckon with at the end of the day. Then did the same again in the evening. In between, took my kids and went out for lunch with the Lohs, watched Son, Daughter and Ms. Loh practise their skills in bowling, walked round Pacific and 'tumpang' their shopping jalan-jalan, then went back to the Lohs' place and baked bread pudding. Pudding turned out nice. We added green apples into the pudding! 8) Evening session wasn't too bad...arms were sore but the pace was bearable. At my age...this must surely come across as crazy to some people.... I'm inclined to think so myself too! LOL!

No comments:

Broken?

Education in doldrums... An already broken education system given a really hard whack by Covid-19.  I used to read about pandemics, that a b...