Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Fitness Craze...

...another fun stuff from the Ipod - upping our fitness level. They have these apps which keep reminding you the calories taken and lost through the various activities. And keeping tab becomes kinda educational and fun.

Add that to the flavour of the day on TV, The Biggest Loser series, and the fact that gyms are starting to sprout all over Alor Setar (and probably the whole world), I think the fitness craze is in. But games and some gym workouts have been keeping me 'gainfully' occupied during this round of Son's exam. It gave me something to do yet no need to wander too far away. Other Half has caught the fitness craze too. LOL!

And our gal finally can swim the length of the pool after two weeks of being 'squashed' for stamina at the squash court. 8) Other Half was saying maybe this one will transform our kid into a tougher kid for a change. Real physical games are good for kids. Not only they get to work out a good sweat but also good that they become good in something else other than the world of academia, which incidentally I feel is too much head knowledge with little apps. Majority of our kids play games on the computer. The exam has just ended for my boy and already he's started the computer games.

We have improved this hols, stemming from the fact that we play 3-4 times a week now. Even shopping trips don't seem so tiring on the legs now but that doesn't mean I've turned into a shopaholic. Shopping is still something I do out of necessity. But it's nice to see everyone in the family playing together. Not too bad of a holiday also in a way.

My tennis is also progressing fine though I still can't seem to get the stroke quite right. Needs more work. But I told myself when I signed up that I would keep an open mind about the game. And surprisingly, by doing so, I've actually found that it can be enjoyable. Of course having an encouraging coach and friends help a lot too. Played my 'first' game last week. Two against one and we, the newbies lost! LOL!

So, yup.. the fitness craze sort of set in this hols. And I'd say we're better for it. Days pass by faster and the time seems to fly by even faster. And I'm too tired to be bothered by the mundane as a result.

One thing I realize is this though.. I feel good challenging myself to learn (or master) a new skill. I still feel the wonderment and amazement that I can still do certain shots or improve on certain skills. And today too, I had my first golf swing... 2 swings actually. LOL! Siva's charity!

4 comments:

Dino said...

I download video podcast and watch it when i use the X-training machine. Love my Touch!!!

AJ7 said...

U doing that too? It's cool, huh? I'm learning new stuff on it all the time. The Touch is definitely better than my Axim.

Dino said...

Apple portable devices are top notch. A lot of people don't want to get it because they feel its over-rated and they really are missing out. Now, go get the Iphone and you'll never ever will have urge to use any other phone.

AJ7 said...

Yup... and I'm onto my 8th (or is it my 9th book) on it? Really comfortable for reading. It may be more expensive but I've also come to accept that quality comes with a price (most of the time).

Broken?

Education in doldrums... An already broken education system given a really hard whack by Covid-19.  I used to read about pandemics, that a b...