Monday, December 28, 2009

Holiday Roundup...

This is probably the shortest hols I've ever had ... partly because Son ended his exam real late, which made Christmas seemed like it was rushing up to us far too quickly.

Visits from my sister's family and parents plus quick trips to a few places added to the whirls of existing activities. And this hols, we've been doing a great deal of physical activities with Daughter. She can finally swim and hit the squash ball fairly decently. The days just seem to fly by. I'm a shade or two darker too!

Christmas was busy... not because I was busy preparing stuff but more of visiting friends. There were rounds of makan - I think I had too many which resulted in a tummy upset. 8( Good food can be found everywhere. But good food with good company.... that's a blessing.

Son went yet for another year of caroling. My girl says another 3 years (actually it's 4) for her. Maybe next year we'll bring her for a few houses. Had a good Christmas Eve. Actually had time to wander around a bit this year. We had a record attendance for both our English and Mandarin services.... The Youth Group too had their biggest turnout. Apparently Son wrote and produced a good skit this year, I was told but I think the aunties are very often generous with their praises... there is a recording some where which I've yet to see. And he involved many of the younger kids... I think that is very good.

We could learn a thing or two from them. Dream dreams and have visions. On top of everything believe that God will work miracles. For too long, we are set in our little worlds, not daring to venture big where faith is concerned. Daughter had her church school Christmas celebrations earlier. This year, her cousin got to join her.
Christmas 09
This was Boxing Day... we had a popiah party with 5 families which later transpired into a minor cocktail affair after we were done with the popiah and hokkien mee. Cocktail ideas came from my Drinks and Cocktail App on my Ipod. LOL! The concoction turned out quite well. It was quite fun... table talk was more food talk! The enthusiasm was infectious.... a nice feel. Alex and George even got as far as making plans to meet for a future makan!

Well one more week left. Actually it's not much a week cos this week I've to go back to school for meetings and duties. Staff meeting is tomorrow. *sigh* I shall miss the morning squash and the occasional gym workouts. Also the swims. They'll continue when school starts but definitely at a much slower pace.

2010 is just around the corner. Ready or not for it, it'll descend on us. The number serves as a reminder that we are getting along in years... anyway, end of the year is also a time for reflection...

No comments:

Broken?

Education in doldrums... An already broken education system given a really hard whack by Covid-19.  I used to read about pandemics, that a b...