Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Third week into the hols...

Time flies. That's how the first 2 weeks have been like. Son sitting for his exams basically means that we're all tied to his schedule. We've been reduced to being drivers! But I remember a conversation which I had with a friend's niece sometime back. She was lamenting how much she missed driving her kids around for tuitions, etc, etc... LOL! I don't think I'll miss that! Anyway, in between driving him to and fro exams, we still managed to squeeze a little thrill here and there, one or two short excursions with the Lil One.

A lot of my time is spent at the squash court, gym and the pool. Add that to the tennis lessons which have been extended, I end my days quite tired. I'm off to Zzzzland the minute my head hits the pillow most of the nights. I am teaching my girl and a friend's son squash too. I enjoy playing with them and I guess they enjoy play with me since I can send nice shots for them to hit. 8) Well, my girl's ball sense is coming along. Can at least hit the ball against the wall repeatedly. Am trying to develop her game sense now. 8) In between her swimming, squash and books, she is rather occupied too!

Also had the most excruciating moment when my back 'froze' early in the hols. Went through half a morning incapacitated by an inflamed ligament... at my back. And for the first time, I was literally semi-immobilized by bolts of pain. It's a terrible feeling. Ligaments should best be left to heal by themselves. Any form of rubbing seems to aggravate ligament injuries. Anyway, I am reminded of the frailty of life.. of how we take our health for granted.

Son still has a week or so of exam time to go... Most likely no NS for now as his name did not appear in the first list. But he's still keen to go if he gets called up for the second batch. Noticed that there seems fewer people who got called this time. Are they reducing the number of intake? Anyway, it'll be a good time for him to seek God and ponder over his future. Maybe Jeremiah School? But he seems to have set his eyes on SUSOM..... and he's been given a place. Will see how things work out in the next couple of days. Moving on to 4th week... the hols are flying by too fast for my liking...8(

2 comments:

Sia Mooi said...

I really admire ur love for games...i used to swim and play squash and that was what i thought i would teach my kids. Took them to swimming class..they chicken out. I gave up squash after the maid left. so no ballgame for them. Now I've moved away from the club...so can forget about games. I only have my treadmill and my boy is getting rounder and my girl is totally hopeless when it comes to sports...she just freaks out.

AJ7 said...

Do get the kids to play games... it's difficult these days cos we've to compete with the computer games. I used to have to drag my boy for hiking - there was one time when Other Half and I would diligently drag him to the hill once a week. His first time? We had to hold his hand all the way up and all the way down again. But these days, he outpaces us and leaves us panting. It was the same for his squash... but now Father and Son can slog it out in the court. Yesterday night, they had a marathon 5 sets. And guess what? The father has been practising so that he can beat the boy!

Games are good for kids... for us also. It's also something that we can do together as a family. Someday, those are going to be the memories that we carry with us.

Broken?

Education in doldrums... An already broken education system given a really hard whack by Covid-19.  I used to read about pandemics, that a b...