Friday, October 10, 2008

Browser Choice - Flock

Update:
Decided to update on this since I've finally tried out Facebook. Have procrastinated mainly because I was too lazy to try it out. Finally decided to give it a go....pleasant surprise. I managed to find a few old friends I've not seen or heard for many, many years. And Flock made it much easier to keep tab of updates. There's this My World button which is actually a short cut to widgets helping you to keep track on all your contacts on Facebook. So you can keep track of all your friends' activities. Not bad!
Photobucket

6th October

I first found Flock when I got my Macbook. Read about it here. Somehow I didn't quite like Safari, the browser that came pre-installed in the Mac. On my previous laptop, I was using Firefox with the add-on Sage which I liked quite a bit because it helped me organised my web feeds. I wanted to try something new and if possible something which could help me organised my feeds even better. Then I found Flock. I have been using it since. It's built on Mozilla's Firefox.
Photobucket
The one thing which I find most helpful is the way it organizes all my feeds into neat folders. Makes a lot of difference for me since I like my stuff properly labeled. It notifies me of the new feeds like other readers but it is definitely nice to see them organized in my neat folders.

Flock has many other features which I have not fully explored since I don't use them much. But I can pretty much move into Media Sharing sites like Photobucket or Picasa with great ease. Same goes for Social Networking sites like Digg or Facebook and Blogging websites like Blogger, Livejournal and WordPress. And the Blog Editor is also quite cool.

Check it out... there is a version for Windows too. I asked other half to try it too and he also gives it a thumbs-up. Now son says he will give it a go.

No comments:

Broken?

Education in doldrums... An already broken education system given a really hard whack by Covid-19.  I used to read about pandemics, that a b...