Wednesday, October 8, 2008

A Truly Packed Day...

My days are usually packed...quite to the max, I would say... I've decided to write about today cos there're a few extras and plus there were some interesting events unfolding.

Morning started with the usual wake up call of my favourite song ... "Come Let Us Worship". Then the flurry of activities will start. First to get breakfast ready for the whole troop...and I've only about 40 minutes to get things done. Sometimes I make 2 sets of food - one to be eaten at home, another for the children to take to school. Today, my girl's bento was made up of cute little teddy bears and flowers; each different - luncheon meat, cheese and egg. Added grapes and some more biscuits and marshmallows. No pic though cos too rushed. She actually wanted to buy from the canteen today but after seeing the teddy bears and flowers (I was experimenting actually)....she made a U-turn. Kids oso like nice looking stuff! 8)

Then it was off to school for everyone. The sky was a beauty...
Photobucket
Not a very good shot cos it was done hastily.... but it was really beautiful to give it a miss.
Photobucket
Then two little birds had a conversation about the future of our present PM... his days are numbered. He's finally throwing in the the towel, it seems. I caught them whispering... Ha! Ha!

Came back from school...but it wasn't the end of work. I still had another class to go with my gal and her friend...makan lunch oso no time. Pangsai oso no time. Gave them some exercises and went down to chomp down my lunch. It was difficult to stay awake cos I'm still suffering from the hangover of last week's break. Still haven't quite got over it. As soon as her lesson ended, I rushed to cook dinner....today I did spaghetti, seafood style.
Photobucket
Then it was off for this...it's been a while since I did this...
Photobucket
Yup!!! Volleyball... all the 'aunties' trying to recapture that part of their youth. The spirit is more than willing...but boy! the flesh certainly hurts like mad. I've got some blue black marks to show for it. This is not my best game...but I enjoy the comradeship. Going back to the court certainly reminds me of my mortality too. It hurts to play.... LOL!

After practice...yup! it was a practice session for an upcoming games ...friend (team mate) and I decided to go to TESCO to buy stuff for tomorrow's breakfast/packed food.... my equally 'siao' friend...
Photobucket
Came back...bathe, ate my already cold spaghetti dinner and did the above! It's been a while since I did that... but ever since reading about it in Hijack Queen's blog, I decided to give it a try again. And the nice thing was, as I was making it....both kids decided to sit at the kitchen table also...I did my work, they did theirs....papers, books and food... all sitting together complimenting each other at the kitchen table... and all the while my little one kept mumbling..."See also I want to eat ade....! I can't wait for tomorrow ade." That's why I can drag this tired old body and still make it! 8)

So isn't that a full and 'siao' day... I know I am going to sleep like a log tonight...that's for sure... already the eyelids are drooping..


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wah, how many people eating? So banyak? I can forgo rice and just munch on the bacon roll with mayonnaise. But then bacon so $$$

AJ7 said...

Supposed to be for 5...yup bacon very $$$. I used up the whole packet but over here....the bacon MeaTy..slightly cheaper a bit.

Broken?

Education in doldrums... An already broken education system given a really hard whack by Covid-19.  I used to read about pandemics, that a b...