Thursday, October 16, 2008

End of exam..one down, one to go..

I should be elated today...was looking forward to it since the beginning of the week but now that the day is here...wasn't as what I expected. Daughter's exam ended today. Didn't push her too hard this time. Anyway, it means I don't have to be sitting down with her .... I've got my own coming this weekend too. But not much stress here since I've already passed it...just want to do better, if possible.

We have decided that she must enjoy her learning process. Thought she'd struggle with her Mandarin but both papers were surprisingly okay. Better than what I expected. Today, I started volleyball. It was was fun enough...maybe cos it's something out of my norm. Something 'new' but familiar can be exciting. I'm getting old (sigh!)...the youngest in the team is almost half my age! But like another friend was saying, for each year that we're still able to play, that is a blessing! Yup! Being able to play games like this at our age is a blessing!

Muscles ache somewhat...but because I play badminton regularly, it's bearable. 8) Next week I don't have to go to school....yay! Practice and other official commitments! Been asked to play badminton too but I think I'll give it a skip. Tis a game I'm good at, definitely better than volleyball but it's a very 'individual' kinda game, these days, I prefer good company.

Son's exam is not over yet. At that age, it's up to him how well or how much effort he wants to put in. Hence, I always believe that usually when a preteen does well, it's more because of the parents' pushing. If a teen does well, a good part of it is because of his own motivation. A preteen is basically a 'yes-person'. A teen??? Start living with one and you will know what I mean....8) My boy??? He's blessed...so many people rooting for him and going the extra mile for him. I hope he realizes it.

But the main dampener is because a friend just told me that her mom might be down with the BIG C! News like that are not welcomed news ..... life with its high and lows!!! 8(

No comments:

Broken?

Education in doldrums... An already broken education system given a really hard whack by Covid-19.  I used to read about pandemics, that a b...