Monday, October 13, 2008

Morning Rush...Bento 8

These are the kids' bento... was a mad scramble this morning. Got up late cos sleep was disrupted by Son's alarm clock which went off at 4++ a.m. in the morning. Kononnya, wanted to get up early to study. In the end, I laid on the bed and listened to that irritating bell for 10 minutes before getting up to switch it off. The spirit is willing...... give him that much credit. 8)
Photobucket
Son's
Photobucket
Daughter's bento.
Good thing I cooked the 'tau-yu-bak' after church yesterday night. And sis-in-law had already put in the rice to steam. Vegetables just throw in before the rice cooked. So, still managed-lah. The 'tau-yu-bak' is my mom's recipe...instead of frying the garlic in oil, I put in the sugar and garlic into the claypot. Then wait for it to caramelized (with the garlic)....the smell is fantastic. Then throw in the meat, add water....and all the other ingredients and leave the whole pot to simmer slowly. Simple and fast and has a nice smell.

6 comments:

mc26 said...

Your mom's recipe really UUMPH-la. I cooked based on it and my three kids ,theirs dad n ever though my mom oso said 'hor-liau '.
Thanks auntie....(your mom la not you):P

All things beautiful said...

And your bento? Aesthetically arranged in the tummy? X)

AJ7 said...

me where got time to aesthetically arranged them.... just scoop them all into the mouths, chew and swallow. No time to pack to school. Got up late, woh! 8)

Anonymous said...

dem! the tau-yu-bak in daughter's bento looks dem good!!!

Anonymous said...

u really so tak fair one, to torture me with food pics. Now my sandwich at lunch going to soooo taste like manky old tissues :(
LOL

Jonathan Chang Tien Chzie said...

Looks good!

Broken?

Education in doldrums... An already broken education system given a really hard whack by Covid-19.  I used to read about pandemics, that a b...