Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Irons in the Fire

These last couple of days have been rather busy...I've my hands rather full. Add that to the cold that I am nursing now, my mind is kinda blur at the moment....I should be sleeping now but it's still too early. Moreover, lil one has planned a surprise for her papa!
Photobucket
This was yesterday's Bento, quick and simple. Bread in the shape of rabbits. One set is plain and simple bread with butter and 'gula urai' on it...and the other is french toast. Fruit combi made up of grapes, strawberries and apple. Tomorrow I am going to try to cook up something new. Hopefully this flu will not knock me out.
Photobucket
This is not my handiwork...it's a friend's. I am just taking a pic of it before it transfers ownership. She has just started her blog. She is one of those friends of mine with great patience for handiwork such as the above. For this one, she has thoughtfully added a bag to go along. Very nice.
Photobucket
Had volleyball practice this morning. Games are on this weekend. Will have to give the next practice a miss due to work commitments. 8( It was fun despite the blue back marks on my arms. I am enjoying the game more cos I am mastering new skills...... Compared to a few years ago when I started playing....I'd say I play better now. When I first started, any fast ball (as a matter of fact, any ball) which came to me would bounce of wildly because I did not have enough skills to control it. Now, I actually feel comfortable on the court. So, there in lies the fun for me. For some, it's about winning... for me part of it is because of the new 'frontiers' that I overcome! He! He!
Photobucket
This is today's Bento....bacon and onions with corn and baby carrots. Asparagus is sauteed. Lil one has problem chewing asparagus rolled in bacon. So I came up with this. Plums and apple for dessert. She enjoyed every bit of it, so she said. 8) The tastes are all a bit mixed up but Son said it was nice also...coming from a grouchy fler....ok-lah! 8)

Incidentally, today got some more new 'toys' for my bento-ing. But fren and I had a really good laugh over the things we got...aiyo, photos can be so deceptive.

No comments:

Broken?

Education in doldrums... An already broken education system given a really hard whack by Covid-19.  I used to read about pandemics, that a b...