Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas is Knockin on the door.....

Yesterday night, Other Half said he was not in a Christmas mood yet. But after talking to Ah Ho and Karyn, eating our early Christmas goodies and making plans with Karyn for some extra 'mum-mum', I'm beginning to feel a little more Christmassy. Looking forward to dinner at her place tonight. Son and lil gal wrapped the presents yesterday night and this morning. He's in a real Christmas mood this year! I had gone shopping earlier with the Ling, Siah, Jov and Daughter. Today, I'll probably go do some more last minute shopping....
Photobucket
I've been sitting through the kids' puppet practices since my lil gal is taking part this year. She's one of the 'littlest' ones there this time. She has a small role....doing the sheep! 8) And she's enjoying it. The bigger kids are doing the other roles. Peh Lan has asked that I send her for puppetry class which she is conducting before school reopens. I might go myself too, to see what I can learn up myself.
Photobucket
Watching Peh Lan work with the kids this morning.... I tabik her for the patience and perseverance. It's not easy working with a bunch of kids who have a mind of their own and at times wander off into their own worlds. The kids are blessed to have her. I thank God for her love for them and the commitment to this ministry.
Photobucket
Behind the scene...the kids are supposed to sit/squat while waiting for their turn. Lil Rainbow gets to sit since she is still kinda small. It's kinda fun for them...to be able to role play with the puppets.
Photobucket
That's me fooling around with one of the smaller puppets. Kinda demure it looks, right? Even adults also can have fun with puppets, what more kids. LOL!

1 comment:

Athena said...

the puppet show looks like great fun!

Broken?

Education in doldrums... An already broken education system given a really hard whack by Covid-19.  I used to read about pandemics, that a b...