Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Evening Out

Had a busy day yesterday.... did some painting in the morning. It tergendala cos my contractor came to make repairs around the house. Then sent Rainbow for her puppet show practice. Came back, waited some more until the repairs were completed. Picked up Son who has been out the whole day for caroling and skits practice. Later in the evening, I resumed my painting. I'm almost done...now to wait for the cement to dry out before the last round of painting. 8)

And I'm happy cos I saved on labour charges.... 8) 3 tins of paint came up to RM360 and I managed to paint most of the exterior walls. Paints are expensive these days. Used to cost about RM80 when I first started painting. Prices have gone up 50 percent! But now I've got clean, white walls!!!!! (Grinning from ear to ear!)... But the snag is I'm browner than after my games (volleyball).

Made plans to go swimming since last week, so yesterday night we did. Plan started out small but in the end quite a big group of us went, all young people except for the 2 mothers... Son, Huan, Tim, Joseph, Ling, Siah, Jov, Rainbow. Had a good time at the pool. Did stuff like see who can swim the breadth of the pool in one breath, hold the breath the longest, sit under the water...... It's actually quite fun to be able to get together like that.
Photobucket
Years from now, we'll probably look back and reminisce about nights like this.
Photobucket
After the pool, we (minus Tim and Joseph) went for dinner at Xantana. Food was good. The above is not bad...Ling's Dory fish coated with egg. We ordered almost the same stuff like the previous visit. I love the kepah and ikan panggang. Company was good. Going out with the young people makes me feel young too. LOL! Couldn't hang around too long as the mozzies were already having a go at Nancy....she attracts them like magnets.
Photobucket
The 2 camera shy boys... awkward as they are now... serba salah as I was taking their pics...and trying to look nonchalant... LOL!

Hanging out like that....it's a nice way of bridging relationships.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you sure sound like you're enjoying the school hols ah? :)

AJ7 said...

YUP!!!! 8)
But so sad it's goin to come an end soon. 8(

Anonymous said...

Leave some painting work for Zazu la so that he will sama-sama get browner. kakakaka...

AJ7 said...

He did some...but since he is memang fair...not much difference lah... and some more if wait for him, the walls will take forever to complete. 8(

Broken?

Education in doldrums... An already broken education system given a really hard whack by Covid-19.  I used to read about pandemics, that a b...