Wednesday, December 17, 2008

A Little Bit of This and That

Woke up this morning and thought I'd start washing the walls outside.... Am planning to do some painting next week. Didn't do any touching up last year... too lazy.. and the walls are crying out to be washed and cleaned.... 8(

Anyway, I was doing fine with the pressure pump until it started 'coughing' in spurts. And then it went dead. The pump sits in the shop now. Man at the shop says maybe 2 days. Aiyah!!! Plan gone awry!!! Rancangan tergendala.

Then lunch with Shin Hui and friend...a little bright spark for the day! Was good to meet up with her again. 8)
Photobucket
Got home and the girls were busy with this.. punching pieces of leaves and sorts for our little project which terbengkalai quite a few weeks already. They had helped themselves with all my punchers and were already busy at work.
Photobucket
The goal is to decorate this photo frame.... there are 4 of them....for Haridas & Prabha, Molly, the girls' family and ours. Each one is supposed to have a different design. If it's anything I enjoy, it's doing stuff (or rather, curi tulang, like now....they are still busy and I am supposed to be looking for nice phrases for the frame) with these 2 ever dependable girls. LOL!!! Already they've sorted all my coloured papers according to colours. Mana mau cari 'helpers' like this.

Anyway, Ling, Daughter and I (maybe their Ma and Aunty Moll) will be going shopping at Alor Star Mall tonight.
Photobucket
Ling has assigned me this puncher.... I'm supposed to punch 80 pieces of this... Hand sure sakit... so if I sit here longer, maybe, just maybe I'd still be able to get away. LOL!!! Sitting down and punching is sure to guarantee you a backache.
Photobucket
2 hands.....Ling has always been darker than me...but after a few rounds of basking under the sun... I am the darker now. Easy to tell also which hand is mine... the older one gets, the more blemishes will appear on the skin. 8( But okay-lah. Must learn to accept 'ageing' gracefully.

So, indeed...tis a day of a little bit of this and that..... all adding colour to what could have been an otherwise uneventful day. Girls are yelling for me already...so have to stop here before they stop also.... 8)

Update 6.54 pm
Yay!!! Man at the shop called. Pump repaired. Tomorrow I can start washing again. 8)
And I've punched like hundreds of small leaves, flowers...... still bolehlah....to be continued.

Update 10.37 pm
Went out with Alyssa, Ling and her ma. Nope it was not Alor Star Mall they headed. Went to the Pasar Malam near the Mall. Kononnya to buy pins and clothes. LOL! But there was nothing new there. Everything there was more or less the same as the ones in the morning market. One bright spot though, I got to eat my favourite nasi lemak at AS Mall. 8)

4 comments:

Wave Rider said...

Don't worry Aunt Amelia,I am much darker than you.Hehe....

AJ7 said...

You are a boy...Aaron. Boys supposed look more 'cool' if they are tanned. LOL! Fair skinned boys are nerdy-lah.... LOL!!! But don't worry, I'm not too perturbed by my skin colour-lah. Ha! Ha!

Anonymous said...

Me too, getting darker after the game in Penang...haha. But i really enjoy being together with all. Today, i start to wash n clear the paint on gate, so that i can replace with new paint next week. Hope to do all the tidy up b4 school re-open. 8>

Daniel Ting said...

where got such thing?
boys that are not dark also are cool...

Broken?

Education in doldrums... An already broken education system given a really hard whack by Covid-19.  I used to read about pandemics, that a b...