Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Counted down and landed firmly on 2 feet...

I've this to say after today... REALITY CHECKED!! All it took was just one morning of sitting down and listening to ramblings which went on and on..... By the time the 5 hours were up, my feet were also back on the ground.... and a pounding headache to match! Have not experienced a headache for weeks!!!! Aiyo!!! One meeting was all that was needed to induce one!

After 7...no 6 1/2 weeks of freedom from bureaucracy, I'd actually forgotten....until today! Sigh! One light moment though....when I saw my timetable; but it was short lived as it'll only be for 2 weeks. I was grinning from ear to ear and laughing away. 8)

There were some concrete ideas...but generally it was a morning wasted. Going to be a slightly busier year from the looks of things...

Been telling myself that I shan't whine....already finding it hard.

All good things must come to an end. So sad!!! 8( After today.... work begins! Been told to be at school everyday (with the exception of Friday) from tomorrow onwards. And I was thinking that I would happily rot even if the holidays were to continue. No such luck! Gotta work for a living.... no such thing as a free ride in life. 7 (blissful) weeks coming to an end... and to think that I was so happy just not too long ago at the thought of it. 8(

Update 11.10 p.m.
Nah! Not all good things need to end... had a fun time at badminton tonight. My young lady in my previous post came and tonight we (the XXs) sent the XY(s) packing....8) that gave us the 'kick' for the night. LOL!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

why not just quit and go start something simple... that way you get to be your own boss and there is infinitely less stress.

AJ7 said...

I actually find it fun - teaching. It's the other things that I find ... as expressed... I enjoy going into the class but not the 'other stuff' that we put up with... I feel that we need more good people (I hope I am one) in the profession because if not then who will shape our future gen. I hope to last a bit longer but I do not know how long I'll last before I finally keel. I am always encouraged by the memories of my teachers who made a difference in my life and try to emulate them. Probably these are reasons why I stayed.

Unknown said...

Thanks for u're encouragement and comment.

By the way, i thought it is unlikely that u are also struggling with sch. One of the reason i feel so stressful is sch.

Anonymous said...

Ya, teaching is fun and fulfilling but not the 'other stuff'. These stuffs made us dislike teaching. How I wish we need only to teach. Then we'll be happier going to school.

AJ7 said...

To Out of My Mind.... school is stressful, mainly because of the crap that we've to put up with but it doesn't mean it has to rule our lives. We all have a life out of the school gates, and rightly so too...that we should pursue that life. I believe each of us is called to do our best (nvm if we sometimes fall short...juz need to pick oneself up again) and we should. When I think of the young people who come into my life (be it out or in the school), I am full of hope and I think I am blessed by their passing thru my life and hope it is vice versa.

Broken?

Education in doldrums... An already broken education system given a really hard whack by Covid-19.  I used to read about pandemics, that a b...