Saturday, December 13, 2008

Early Christmas....Precious Home

Spreading a little Christmas cheer at this time of the year is something we try to do. So, on Tuesday a group of about 20 of us made our way to Precious Home in Sg Petani. Precious Home is a home for 'abandoned' kids. Run by one of the Tamil churches, it is home to a few kids. The number fluctuates from time to time but some of them have been there for quite some time.
Photobucket
We sang Christmas carols for a short while. I played the guitar....this is one of those times I'm glad for my days as an MYFer where I honed my limited playing ability somewhat. And this time, I had Aaron as my 'follower'...he played with me. He did good though for a first timer. Came to good use. LOL! The kids presented an item for us.
Photobucket
We brought lunch to share with the kids and Pastor's family. Food was good...how not with Ah Ho's touch.... Muffins, cupcakes, mee hoon (I had more than 2 helpings of it!), fried chicken, ice-cream. For the kids (and us) it was a real treat. Pastor asked us whether we catered it... why cater when we have our own pro caterer... 8). Ah Ho has ministered to many through her food.
Photobucket
Kim and Reno dishing out the ice-cream for everyone. Had a good time there...serving a common goal. Our church has been helping out with the support of this Home these past few years. It's not very much but it's nice to know that these kids get a better opportunity to improve their own lives because people care.

Apart from helping out with some financial support, we also gave each kid a present... school bags and stationery for use in the coming year and some other goodies to munch on. Things that my kids take for granted... these kids don't have that sort of privilege! So this Christmas, I am reminded that Christmas is about giving. Christ came so that we might have hope. It's His gift to us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so wonderful you all can share something with the kids... and tabik to the chef...

Broken?

Education in doldrums... An already broken education system given a really hard whack by Covid-19.  I used to read about pandemics, that a b...