Saturday, December 27, 2008

Things I am Thankful for 2008

Now that Christmas is over.... it's time to wait for the new year! A few more days to a new year.... Resolutions??? Nah! No resolutions for me! Cos....
First, I don't check my list after I make them.
Second, even if I do, I find myself falling short of many of the resolutions. Defeats the purpose of having resolutions.
Third...no need for resolutions. The last 2 verses from Ecclesiastes sum it up for me...
Fear God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole duty of man.
For God will bring every deed into judgment, including every hidden thing, whether it is good or evil.
So, I try to go by that... already quite a tall order. If can go through the year without stumbling, it'll be an achievement of sorts on its own, which I know will not be possible cos I will stumble and fall...need to pick myself and be picked up.

But am trying to count my blessings as the year draws to a close... So here they are as my gray matter tries to recapture them. I'm thankful to God for...
  1. getting me through another year, another milestone of my journey on this earth. It's not been the hardest, but neither has it been the easiest. Every up and down has made me a better person, I hope.
  2. my Other Half who has remained faithful and who has been my better half
  3. my little Rainbow, especially, for the way she lights up our lives.
  4. good health, for me and everyone else close to my heart
  5. young people in my life. They remind me of what is possible and also of hope of things to come.... (especially, Jov, Huan, Tim, and of course my very own sometimes 'incorrigible' boy. It's good to see my own boy coming of age...)
  6. my family... their role in shaping me into who I am today
  7. opportunities to scale beyond what I thought was possible; volleyball was one of them
  8. new friends who came into my life. My life has been enriched cos they made me see possibilities in myself and others.. Life is about relationships and they've made mine richer...
  9. the generosity of my existing friends... with their time and themselves
  10. all the blessings; big and small
  11. being there all the time for me. My life, strength and hope is in Him....
So there, my list as 2008 draws to a close.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

amen!

Thomas C B Chua said...

Random Shots

I always consider every Christmas a bonus. It is God's mercy given to us undeserving humans to make amends and straighten our lives for another year. Let's strive on as Christians to better this world.

Doubtom

Anonymous said...

2) my Other Half who has remained faithful and ....

He better be faithful or else AJ7 going to chop-chop. hahah!

AJ7 said...

Chop-chop???? More like cincang-cincang.... ROFL!!

Broken?

Education in doldrums... An already broken education system given a really hard whack by Covid-19.  I used to read about pandemics, that a b...